1 vote (7.14%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

14 members have voted

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 1st, 2013 at 4:42:00 AM permalink
How to choose? I eliminated the rookies, as as good as they were, none if not rookies would be MVP candidates when compared to these guys. I really should not have listed Watt, but the number of sacks/ batted passes is impressive. Rodgers had the best statistical year amongst the QB's, with 39 freaking TDs to just 8 INTs. How many extra points will Manning earn for 'intangibles'? Brady was Brady again. But I'll vote for Peterson. The Vikings were supposed to be a cellar dweller, and he was 400 yards better than the second running back in the league.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
January 1st, 2013 at 11:26:14 AM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 1st, 2013 at 2:04:12 PM permalink
Manning is outstanding and makes everyone around him better. Peterson is individually dominating. 8 yards from the record with an unused timeout. I'd have loved to see one more play. Still, I'd vote for Manning.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 1st, 2013 at 2:40:36 PM permalink
Both of them should also be in the running for comeback player of the year to. In fact, who ever doesn't get MVP should get the other award. I went with Manning, as he elevates his whole team. AP doesn't do this, which is hardly his fault, but the change in the Broncos is radical, while the Vikes haven't changed much with Purple Jesus back, except for a rushing attack that takes some pressure of the passing game, which is how the Vikes have been playing for the last few seasons anyways.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
  • Jump to: