Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 22nd, 2012 at 2:42:20 PM permalink
What a sad song : http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-nhl-players-closer-091045564--nhl.html
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 22nd, 2012 at 4:47:29 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

What a sad song

Can't tell if serious, or poking me with a stick =p

I say me and Bettman, cage match for rights to the NHL, winner takes all. Two enter, one shall leave...

In all seriousness, it's hard to care anymore. I wonder if the NHL will ever realize just how much of hockey is not so much the men behind the curtains, but the fans who bleed hockey.

I feel bad for the rookie class that came to a sport that no longer exists. I feel bad for the local pubs and restaurants who don't have the hockey swell to fill their seats. I feel bad for the tykes who got season tickets for their birthday to watch their idols...

But I love-love-love the increase of minor league love. Hockey won't die, even if the NHL does. Bring it on.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
December 22nd, 2012 at 6:05:16 PM permalink
This is GOOD for the prospects of hockey!

As I understand it, with the player's association dissolved, the NHL owners can now be sued for having monopolistic practices. They will be forced to negotiate fairly with each player, or risk non compliance with fair business practices.
This could bring hockey back in short order.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
  • Jump to: