Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 29th, 2012 at 10:04:04 AM permalink
Hopefully I won't get cricified for a non-gambling thread.

I could have sent PMs, but that would take too long a time, so I hope you'll indulge me this once:

Would all those who attended WoVCon ][ kindly PM me their postal address to add to my Xmas Card list? If you preffer to email your address, please send me a PM saying so and I'll PM my email in return.

Thank you!
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
October 30th, 2012 at 8:39:54 AM permalink
I won't be bumping this up every day, but from time to time. Also only until Nov 15th.

So... let's see...

A man walks into a bar. He says "ouch!"

Not much time to waste today, sorry :)
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
October 30th, 2012 at 11:05:29 AM permalink
Two men walk into a bar. The second one should have seen it coming.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
Nareed
Nareed
November 5th, 2012 at 4:12:40 PM permalink
I won't be bumping this up every day, but from time to time. Also only until Nov 15th.

Overheard on the bridge of the Enterprise: "Mr. Worf, fire at will!.... Hey! What happened to Riker?"
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 5th, 2012 at 4:56:09 PM permalink
Heard under the bridge " Which one of them Klingon bastards is named Will ?".
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Nareed
Nareed
November 12th, 2012 at 1:11:45 PM permalink
Last bump.

As a rich man lays dying, he gasthers his doctor, his priest, and his lawyer to his bedside. "Gentlemen," he tells them, "I know it's a truism that one cannot take one's fortune beyond this life. However, I intend to prove it worng. My asisstant will hand each of you an envelope with $100,000. It si my dying wish that each of you will place it in my coffin before I'm buried."

A few days later the doctor, lawyer and priest gather at the memrial service. Each solemnly places a thick envelope in the coffin. They all stay through the burial to amke sure the envelopes stay in the coffin.

Later they get together at a bar to hold a small wkae of their own. There, the priest says "Gentlemen, I can't keep this in any more. I must confess to you. I did as our friend wished, but the Church really needed $10,000 for a charity project, and so I took a portion of the money entrusted to my care."

The doctor looks half-relieved and half-ashamed. he says "Father, I'm glad you said so. I, too, absconded some money out of the envelope entrusted me. Only $15,000, which I badly needed for the free clinic where I volunteer."

The lawyer manages to look down their nose at them while remaining seated. "Listen to yourselves! Did our dear departed frined ever refuse you a dollar for any of your charities? Don't answer. I know his finances better than any of you. I know what the answer is. To rob a dead man! That is really low and unethical of you."

The priest then asks "Did you really put in the hundred grand in your envelope."

"Certainly," the lawyer replies. "I would never steal a penny from any client. You can exhume the body if you don't believe me. In the envelope I placed a personal check for the full amount."
  • Jump to: