Thread Rating:

P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
July 10th, 2012 at 3:46:21 PM permalink
This subject has been touched, but as far as I've seen never raised straight out.

Should the world go to hell tomorrow - be it a nuclear war, or a worst-case pandemic, or anything straight out of science or non-science fiction - what do you intend to do?

If you have different plans for different scenarios, mention them separately.
(For instance, my plans for a global war differ depending on who exactly is involved.)
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 10th, 2012 at 5:10:26 PM permalink
I plan on dying. We are all going to die eventually. If it's in a global cataclysm or getting hit by a bus, it really doesn't matter.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
July 10th, 2012 at 5:12:29 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I plan on dying. We are all going to die eventually. If it's in a global cataclysm or getting hit by a bus, it really doesn't matter.

+1 Its TEOTW.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
July 10th, 2012 at 6:15:21 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

The question is what you're going to do if a global cataclysm has hit... and you aren't dead yet.

Granted, being dead is that much easier, but most of us would hesitate to go there on purpose.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
July 10th, 2012 at 6:26:48 PM permalink
Quote: P90

The question is what you're going to do if a global cataclysm has hit... and you aren't dead yet.

Whatever society thats left dictates. The movies have
people living off the land, blah blah blah, but most people
aren't capable of that. Most of us would starve to death when
the food runs out. Use one of your 55 hand guns to shoot
yourself.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
RoundMan
RoundMan
  • Threads: 2
July 10th, 2012 at 6:46:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Most of us would starve to death when
the food runs out.

I read that a 350 pound man could live for one year on water alone.
The body will consume the fat to remain alive. BS? I don't know.

If true, it would take me a really long time to starve to death.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 10th, 2012 at 7:20:24 PM permalink
Complete annihilation? I hit the woods. It's the only option. While stores may have supplies and should be remembered and maybe investigated, 99% of the survivors will think the same thing. All normal customs are out the window and man must return to wild instinct. If an animal from one pride (family) runs into another with food, there's a fight. Expect the same. A man on his own cannot afford the energy and risk of injury for a few cans of soup.

For me, I need to get south. Winters at my latitude are a death sentence. Assuming I get to the lower states, it's time to set up shop. I'd look for seclusion, somewhere difficult to get. Shelter first, water second, a defendable base and weapons third, food last. Spend the rest of my life avoiding detection and obtaining sustenance. It'd be a hard life, but one of my dreams is to have to do this for a month, maybe. Kind of like "Survivor", only for real.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 10th, 2012 at 7:31:29 PM permalink
" Kind of like "Survivor", only for real. " I have always wondered why the camera man would not share his lunch with one of those pretty girls on Survivor But then I heard some of these realities shows are not real. Is that possible.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
July 10th, 2012 at 7:39:53 PM permalink
Quote: Face

It'd be a hard life,.

And a short one. You've seen too many movies.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 10th, 2012 at 8:03:36 PM permalink
You should read "Lucifer's Hammer" and "Footfall" By Niven and, I think, Pournelle.

The first is about a comet strike, the second is about an alien invasion which includes an asteroid strike.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal

• Jump to: