teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 26th, 2015 at 9:10:03 PM permalink
"Don't jack the bear!" -- as the boss from Oklahoma in my office used to say.

I'm not sure what he meant by that.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
February 27th, 2015 at 12:23:04 AM permalink
Quote: teliot

I just sold $2000 worth of items to Mike's "friends in need" for $220. I have far fewer items now. But, I still have the f*****g mattress.

I'd accept it in a heartbeat if you were closer to me. The Mrs. has taken to sleeping in the lounger the past few weeks because our bed sucks. Baby isn't due for another month. My heart breaks each night when she goes to sleep.

On a side note. On the rare occasion I do visit the pub, I also drink Bushmills. I usually catch an earful from the guys from Ireland for drinking a Protestant Whiskey, but I love it. It's no Middleton's but it's a great whiskey for it's price point.
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 39
February 27th, 2015 at 6:14:31 AM permalink
Quote: BoulderDamIt

I'd accept it in a heartbeat if you were closer to me. The Mrs. has taken to sleeping in the lounger the past few weeks because our bed sucks. Baby isn't due for another month. My heart breaks each night when she goes to sleep.

On a side note. On the rare occasion I do visit the pub, I also drink Bushmills. I usually catch an earful from the guys from Ireland for drinking a Protestant Whiskey, but I love it. It's no Middleton's but it's a great whiskey for it's price point.

Boulder is only 20 minutes away. You should take some stuff.

I've tried to drink Jameson (the "Catholic" whiskey), but honestly, it doesn't come close. I drink a tall tumbler of Bushmills over ice.
Visit my YouTube Channel: @AdvancedAdvantagePlay
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
February 27th, 2015 at 4:18:00 PM permalink
Quote: teliot

Boulder is only 20 minutes away. You should take some stuff.

I've tried to drink Jameson (the "Catholic" whiskey), but honestly, it doesn't come close. I drink a tall tumbler of Bushmills over ice.

I'm actually in San Diego, the name is more a tounge in cheek commentary on the naming of the Hoover Dam as well as a play on words. I'm a bit of a history buff.

Yup, the exact same way I take my whiskey.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
February 27th, 2015 at 7:36:55 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I think the Buddha statue does have Buddha nature. This is because it is the nature of Buddah to be constant, never wanting anything, never engaging in things that bring only temporary happiness, never suffering. That could all be said of the statue, unless you drop and break it.

Teacups can have Buddha-nature, even when dropped and broken.

"Ikkyu, the Zen master, was very clever even as a boy. His teacher had a precious teacup, a rare antique. Ikkyu happened to break this cup and was greatly perplexed. Hearing the footsteps of his teacher, he held the pieces of the cup behind him. When the master appeared, Ikkyu asked: “Why do people have to die?”

“This is natural,” explained the older man. “Everything has to die and has just so long to live.”

Ikkyu, producing the shattered cup, added: “It was time for your cup to die.” "
"What, me worry?"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 27th, 2015 at 9:39:52 PM permalink
Parting with a mattress may be difficult but its not as if it were a refrigerator where you are required by law to remove the door before abandoning it even in a very adult neighborhood.

With all the fire retardant chemicals in mattresses abandoning it might be a good deal.

All the rage in Tasmania now are Mattress Rehabilitation firms specializing in avoiding indoor pollution.
teliot
teliot
February 28th, 2015 at 7:23:28 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Parting with a mattress may be difficult.

Yes, almost no one trusts a used mattress.

A veteran (21 years of service) was renting his first home since retiring from the Army. He told me that he had to move every couple of years between bases and that there was a poundage/size limit on what he was allowed to bring with him if he was required to move. He was basically starting from scratch. He had a bumper sticker on his truck, kind of a Go Army! thing, and Army tattoos, so I knew he was legit. On top of the bed, he took a bunch of other stuff for $180 total. He was so amazed as the low price for the stuff he bought that he just gave me another $20. I could not think of a better person to help out.
teliot
teliot
February 28th, 2015 at 7:29:02 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Teacups can have Buddha-nature, even when dropped and broken.

Dogs AND tea cups. What next? Does a fingernail have Buddha nature?

• Jump to: