rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 189
November 24th, 2020 at 8:02:54 PM permalink
Okay, so all you need is a circular saw. But you have to cut it longwise.

Your hired labor might go through 3 saws at worst $120x3=$360 (on the other hand 1 extra might do, but I'd have a 2nd one available so your worker could keep switching them out)
Multiple saw blades = $300 +
Labor = $10 per foot or just offer $1000 for the whole job. (Your supplying the material above)

So that's estimate $1660 give or take a couple hundred to get two pieces. Then just figure out costs to transport smaller pieces in and weld back together.

Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 224
November 24th, 2020 at 8:22:51 PM permalink
There is a guy out here that bought a bunch of containers and was planning on creating a house out of them. He sliced open one for windows and doors but then stopped work on them. They've been sitting there, exposed to the elements for months.
I'm currently renting a 20 foot container that sits in a storage yard for $110 a month. It's half empty and un-used.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
November 24th, 2020 at 9:06:56 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

There is a guy out here that bought a bunch of containers and was planning on creating a house out of them. He sliced open one for windows and doors but then stopped work on them. They've been sitting there, exposed to the elements for months.
I'm currently renting a 20 foot container that sits in a storage yard for $110 a month. It's half empty and un-used.

I was in this guy's container house when it was first built. He had an open house for the public.

https://www.wuft.org/news/2015/02/16/storage-container-house/

I may still have some pics I took on my other computer.
Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
racquet
racquet
  • Threads: 50
November 25th, 2020 at 9:08:56 AM permalink
Sounds to me like you had done all the preliminary work, knew what you wanted and all the costs involved, and that you were willing to pay reasonable add-ons to get what you wanted - all to be upended because of some low- or mid-level pissant who decided that he could feed his ego by playing bigshot.

Now you're back to square one pricing out crane rentals and welders. So close.

I'd certainly get in touch with "corporate". When something like this happens to me, my rule of thumb is to cause them as much aggravation as they caused me. But first, decide for sure that you don't want their shed at any price. I wouldn't want the folks delivering the shed after you've gotten what you want to be looking for a similar kind of revenge.
billryan
billryan
November 25th, 2020 at 9:49:19 AM permalink
Life's too short to be plotting out revenge. If they get back to me and offer free delivery, I'm in. If not, I'll chalk it up as a learning experience and move on. It was a really really cute shed/tiny house whatever and I'm sure it would have driven more business their way but such is life. Looks like I'll end up buying something out of Tucson that will cost more to deliver but I will work that into my price.
I sent them my specs and they said they will get back to me with a price by next Monday.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
November 25th, 2020 at 11:07:57 AM permalink
Iíve seen a used RV trailer used as a shed. Has the amenities built in. Winsdows and all. Doesnít need to be road worthy.
billryan
billryan
November 25th, 2020 at 1:08:08 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Iíve seen a used RV trailer used as a shed. Has the amenities built in. Winsdows and all. Doesnít need to be road worthy.

I'm in the process of obtaining one. It is currently being stripped of anything useful and then I am buying it for $1. Found a place to store it for a dollar a foot per month and will be switching the stuff in my container there. The problem with them is they are a magnet for field mice. As I wont have any power in the unit and will only be visiting it on occasions, I'm looking for the best solution. I expect to get it in late December/early January. I pay the guy to completely gut it but I want to wait until he takes out as much as can.
My problem, quite frankly, is I have too much stuff.
rxwine
rxwine
November 25th, 2020 at 1:16:39 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

The problem with them is they are a magnet for field mice.

Your troubles are over.
https://www.youtube.com/c/ShawnWoodsprimitive-archer/featured

Seriously, if that guy hasn't found the best of solutions, there isn't one.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 52
November 25th, 2020 at 1:44:59 PM permalink
Thanks rxwine I just wasted 20 minutes going down that mouse hole 😄
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
rxwine
rxwine
November 25th, 2020 at 2:05:45 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Thanks rxwine I just wasted 20 minutes going down that mouse hole 😄

You're welcome!

• Jump to: