billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 224
November 24th, 2020 at 3:25:09 PM permalink
I'd love to build my own, except I have 7 left thumbs, and zero knowledge on how to do this. When I bought my building I bought a DIY encyclopedia and went to two Lowes classes so I can now make minor repairs. Today, for example, I closed down my swamp coolers and fired up my furnace.- something I paid a guy $70 to do last year. I'm playing with the idea of buying a small kit off Amazon and seeing how badly I mangle it, but I know what I know, and more importantly- I know what I don't know and this is definitely something I know not to attempt.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 189
November 24th, 2020 at 3:29:58 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I can get a 8X40 shipping container for under $4,000 but the truck needed to deliver it would not fit down my alley. .

Can a crane reach back in there and lower it?
Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
billryan
billryan
November 24th, 2020 at 3:40:46 PM permalink
I was told that was a possibility but never looked into it. I imagine i'd have to pay travel time and all of that but it might be something to consider. The shed had to be delivered in two pieces and assembled on site so the crane never came up.
Arizona is inching towards another complete lockdown so I think I may as well wait.
I'd like to just put up a big tent but whatever I build has to be rated for 95 MPH winds.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
November 24th, 2020 at 4:07:42 PM permalink
Check all these out.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+move+a+large+shed%3F
Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanks for this post from:
Taxreform
November 24th, 2020 at 4:10:27 PM permalink
Another possibility to save money on that sort of thing is to see if a local school needs a project to build part of it. Perhaps that sort of thing is only open to family of students I donít know, I remember in high school Ag class we built at least one ice fish house and at least one utility shed as a class.
rxwine
rxwine
November 24th, 2020 at 4:11:35 PM permalink
Looks like renting a John Deer tractor tops out at $200 if that is in any way an option.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 52
November 24th, 2020 at 4:50:10 PM permalink
Wow that 18k price doesnít sound so crazy now, thatís a big shed!
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
billryan
billryan
November 24th, 2020 at 5:19:48 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Looks like renting a John Deer tractor tops out at $200 if that is in any way an option.

A quick internet check indicates the closest place to rent a crane would be Tucson, which is roughly a hundred miles away.
I can only imagine what they would want to bring it to Bisbee.
rxwine
rxwine
November 24th, 2020 at 5:43:18 PM permalink
I don't have Superman's phone number. So that's out.

Have the shipping container cut longwise with a torch, then weld it back together once the two pieces inside.
billryan
billryan
November 24th, 2020 at 7:26:37 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Another possibility to save money on that sort of thing is to see if a local school needs a project to build part of it. Perhaps that sort of thing is only open to family of students I donít know, I remember in high school Ag class we built at least one ice fish house and at least one utility shed as a class.

High Schools here are back in virtual mode.

• Jump to: