MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 26th, 2019 at 11:32:05 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Looks like I was late for the bus party. Damn you Boz (and Max), you guys ruined all my fun.

By all means have at it.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 26th, 2019 at 11:35:13 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You seem to be trying to claim the LIRR is a train or not a train?

I will leave that to the experts.
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 42
June 27th, 2019 at 10:05:54 AM permalink
Basically, it comes down to whether the mode of transportation is the cheapest for getting from point A to point B.

In my experience, NYC subways and long-distance buses in rural South America are the sketchiest.

Subways in Washington DC are also getting worse - excessive crowding on station platforms and in trains. Some bad smells in the DC metro.

Subways in Paris and Moscow are crowded but good experiences. I've never had problems with metropolitan bus systems anywhere I've been.

Long distance trains are the best -and are definitely different that subways. Subways sometimes have homeless people urinating on train platforms, dead animal smells in the tunnels, and a dedicated criminal population. You don't get that on trains going between cities.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
June 27th, 2019 at 10:19:06 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Basically, it comes down to whether the mode of transportation is the cheapest for getting from point A to point B.

In my experience, NYC subways and long-distance buses in rural South America are the sketchiest.

Subways in Washington DC are also getting worse - excessive crowding on station platforms and in trains. Some bad smells in the DC metro.

Subways in Paris and Moscow are crowded but good experiences. I've never had problems with metropolitan bus systems anywhere I've been.

Long distance trains are the best -and are definitely different that subways. Subways sometimes have homeless people urinating on train platforms, dead animal smells in the tunnels, and a dedicated criminal population. You don't get that on trains going between cities.

Passenger trains. One never knows what you may encounter on frieghts. In college, some of my friends used to hop freighters from Brockport to Syracuse or Utica. Evidently, it is still a thing.
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
  • Threads: 33
June 27th, 2019 at 8:16:56 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I got a good laugh out of that

No it wasnt me.

Curious, while reading about this incontinent person I glanced at who the poster was and laughed out loud to see it was BedWetterBetter.

Things that make you go Hmmmm?

Just remember, the loudest stool pigeon gets snuffed first.

Back on topic, the bus company has asked that any customer who supports the decision of banning the elderly man to "email the company with your support." I got a good laugh out of that as most of the riders are grey haired fogeys who couldn't turn on a computer or utilize the email app on their phone if their life depended on it.

What's next a GoFund Me for the legal fees?
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 30
May 11th, 2020 at 2:23:20 PM permalink
I read a little in the signs "we reserve the right to refuse service." We've had to use criminal trespass for customers harrassing workers and other customers in the restaurant
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
  • Threads: 33
May 12th, 2020 at 6:09:44 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I read a little in the signs "we reserve the right to refuse service." We've had to use criminal trespass for customers harrassing workers and other customers in the restaurant

Imagine if this happened this year and anyone got COVID from riding Panorama Bus to AC? They would've probably pegged the guy as Patient Zero and crucified him.

I think the driver has to use discretion when allowing people to board the bus. On more than one occasion, I've seen people get removed by State Troopers for intoxicated behavior. I suppose if they show no signs of being inebriated, they can't be faulted for it. But many times, they would openly drink and yell at other passengers. Only for the driver to continue on undeterred and act like it's just another day.

• Jump to: