darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 238
June 25th, 2019 at 9:03:19 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Probably not but I think the train is supposed to be more upscale than the subway and then comes the bus in last place for preferred methods of public transportation. I'm pretty darn sure the bus is at the top of the sketchy transportation list.

I choose my method of transport based on what is available to take me to my destination.

Trains are more comfortable than the bus if they are available AND make sense as an option.

E.G. the train from NYC to Atlantic City is not preferable over the bus due to its route thru Philadelphia. Takes longer than the bus.

FYI, subways are trains that go underground.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 25th, 2019 at 9:39:02 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I choose my method of transport based on what is available to take me to my destination.

Trains are more comfortable than the bus if they are available AND make sense as an option.

E.G. the train from NYC to Atlantic City is not preferable over the bus due to its route thru Philadelphia. Takes longer than the bus.

FYI, subways are trains that go underground.

I'm aware of that. That is why the train is ranked higher than the subway. It gets a better ranking for being above ground (most of the time).😀
darkoz
darkoz
June 25th, 2019 at 10:13:17 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I'm aware of that. That is why the train is ranked higher than the subway. It gets a better ranking for being above ground (most of the time).😀

Which makes no sense

Especially since NY subways are actually above ground and even elevated for probably 40% of the total track

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 16
June 25th, 2019 at 10:16:58 PM permalink
Iím taking the bus from LV airport to downtown tomorrow...then back Friday to get a car and gtf out of Vegas. Worth it for $2 if you donít need to move the express gets to NYNY or downtown pretty quick, guaranteed to run into some low lifeís trying to sell passes they got for free with a few hours left on them for $5 though.

Greyhound is bottom nut low, you probably should expect/deserve to have someone sh-tting their pants next to you taking a greyhound. Iím never riding the subway or going to New York for that matter, Iíve seen ghostbusters and heard NY accents, f all that.
darkoz
darkoz
June 25th, 2019 at 10:37:12 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Iím taking the bus from LV airport to downtown tomorrow...then back Friday to get a car and gtf out of Vegas. Worth it for $2 if you donít need to move the express gets to NYNY or downtown pretty quick, guaranteed to run into some low lifeís trying to sell passes they got for free with a few hours left on them for $5 though.

Greyhound is bottom nut low, you probably should expect/deserve to have someone sh-tting their pants next to you taking a greyhound. Iím never riding the subway or going to New York for that matter, Iíve seen ghostbusters and heard NY accents, f all that.

Yeah like Ghostbusters was produced in 1984.

Subways haven't changed in 35 years.

Of course, Hollywood always depicts a city exactly the way it actually appears. They never use literary licence

Best to judge a town by what you see in movies.

Thats why I am never going to those hick towns with all the inbreds running your Deliverance
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 25th, 2019 at 11:14:48 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Which makes no sense

Especially since NY subways are actually above ground and even elevated for probably 40% of the total track

One has to rank higher than the other unless you want them to be equal POS for transportation options. I would still put a train as more preferable than a subway and the bus as the worst option. You are the expert though, so what order do you rank train, bus, and subway?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
June 25th, 2019 at 11:56:04 PM permalink
I think a judge would just point out people who were handling the same problem without causing a public disturbance and not make any special allowance for disability.

If you're spilling bodily fluids and stinking up a place, I think you will get thrown out, not given a disability pass.

I think if an assigned guardian is not properly taking care of it, they will get the blame, or get replaced. Or someone will be institutionalized if incompetent.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 26th, 2019 at 4:54:12 AM permalink
I see the benefit of taking a train. If I have to head into the Chicago Loop for any reason during the workweek you will probably see me take it. Even if you take saving the $25 or more in parking out of the equation, trains, at least make it possible to reach your destination quicker than driving. They do make stops but are not encumbered by traffic lights or traffic jams. Plus, trains typically get up to highway speeds, or even greater. The bus, on the other hand, you sit in the same traffic, wait at the same lights but you make stops, plus the bus typically drives slower than a car. There is no possible way to make it to your destination faster by bus than it would be by car.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 34
June 26th, 2019 at 5:20:51 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

I see the benefit of taking a train. If I have to head into the Chicago Loop for any reason during the workweek you will probably see me take it. Even if you take saving the $25 or more in parking out of the equation, trains, at least make it possible to reach your destination quicker than driving. They do make stops but are not encumbered by traffic lights or traffic jams. Plus, trains typically get up to highway speeds, or even greater. The bus, on the other hand, you sit in the same traffic, wait at the same lights but you make stops, plus the bus typically drives slower than a car. There is no possible way to make it to your destination faster by bus than it would be by car.

My work takes me to Chicago on occasion. Loooove the METRA trains. Definitely the top rung on Max's hierarchy of public transit!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 26th, 2019 at 5:27:08 AM permalink
Metra trains are typically nice. They are typically quiet and smooth and unless it is super cold they run on time. The clientele is typically commuters from the burbs or families headed downtown for the day. The Chicago CTA "el" trains are typically crap. They are loud, there is typically a foul smelling homeless man on every car and the stops are typically much more frequent than a Metra train
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish

• Jump to: