AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
June 11th, 2019 at 5:41:34 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

In no way am I saying it should be free out of generosity, kind-heartedness or sympathy. In an ideal world, everything or nothing should be free. I just don't like the alternative. The alternative would be unfit, irresponsible people having unplanned children they can't afford. Then everyone loses when they end up sucking off the welfare system and growing up in a messed up environment where their kids are likely to repeat the same thing. I just think the upfront cost we all pay would be a long term saving, lead to less population and well worth the investment.

Unfit and irresponsible people are always going to have kids, and have more kids than the more fit and responsible. Did you see the clip Wiz posted here a few weeks back? The irresponsible people keep popping out the kids, the responsible ones keep putting it off until it is too late. And yes, they are going to repeat the cycle, over and over. Listen to some Tom Leykis clips and hear a 20 year old telling how she made her mother a grandmother before the age of 39.

It is not going to change because we have a society that celebrates it. "She's a single mom doing it all---YOU GO GIRL!" Contrast that to, "Her husband makes her stay home and raise the kids!" Which is better for the kids? Which gets the praise, which gets looked down upon?
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 214
June 11th, 2019 at 6:36:30 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Unfit and irresponsible people are always going to have kids, and have more kids than the more fit and responsible. Did you see the clip Wiz posted here a few weeks back? The irresponsible people keep popping out the kids, the responsible ones keep putting it off until it is too late. And yes, they are going to repeat the cycle, over and over. Listen to some Tom Leykis clips and hear a 20 year old telling how she made her mother a grandmother before the age of 39.

It is not going to change because we have a society that celebrates it. "She's a single mom doing it all---YOU GO GIRL!" Contrast that to, "Her husband makes her stay home and raise the kids!" Which is better for the kids? Which gets the praise, which gets looked down upon?

Lol

You couldn't even say the mother wants to stay home with the kids while the husband works.

It had to be "the husband MAKES her stay home and raise the kids."
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 6:39:36 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Lol

You couldn't even say the mother wants to stay home with the kids while the husband works.

It had to be "the husband MAKES her stay home and raise the kids."

You need to read it more careful. It is not *me* saying, "the husband makes her stay home and raise the kids." That is what the pop culture and feminists say. Personally, I think it is a great thing if the mother stays home and raises the kids instead of farming it out to daycare.
darkoz
darkoz
June 11th, 2019 at 7:09:22 AM permalink

You need to read it more careful. It is not *me* saying, "the husband makes her stay home and raise the kids." That is what the pop culture and feminists say. Personally, I think it is a great thing if the mother stays home and raises the kids instead of farming it out to daycare.

Here in NYC at least the schooling age starts at 3. Daycare places are just to round up the few hours if a parent works while the child is in school and they haven't returned home yet.

You aren't suggesting kids arent farmed out to schooling?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 8:11:53 AM permalink

Here in NYC at least the schooling age starts at 3. Daycare places are just to round up the few hours if a parent works while the child is in school and they haven't returned home yet.

You aren't suggesting kids arent farmed out to schooling?

At age 3 they are. In my day at age 3 you maybe went to 2 hours a day of nursery school 2 days a week. So yes, schooling at that age is farming out parenting.
darkoz
darkoz
June 11th, 2019 at 8:33:43 AM permalink

At age 3 they are. In my day at age 3 you maybe went to 2 hours a day of nursery school 2 days a week. So yes, schooling at that age is farming out parenting.

In your day which was also my day I agree.

The world has progressed

Today in NY at least, if you wait until kindergarten or first grade to enroll your child in scbool you have just done them a disservice

I was pretty shocked when I saw the first grade homework involving complete sentences to be written out and 3 digit math.

These are not the days when a 5 year old starts learning his ABCs anymore.

There was nothing wrong with the way it was done in your day but recognize things have changed. Its called progress
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 8:51:59 AM permalink

In your day which was also my day I agree.

The world has progressed

Today in NY at least, if you wait until kindergarten or first grade to enroll your child in scbool you have just done them a disservice

I was pretty shocked when I saw the first grade homework involving complete sentences to be written out and 3 digit math.

These are not the days when a 5 year old starts learning his ABCs anymore.

There was nothing wrong with the way it was done in your day but recognize things have changed. Its called progress

I don't call shuffling a 3 year old to all-day school "progress." I still call it outsourcing. FWIW, all of that "jump" the kids get will be gone by 4th grade at most. Having to spend all day in the anti-social environment of daycare can affect for a lifetime.
darkoz
darkoz
June 11th, 2019 at 9:14:58 AM permalink

I don't call shuffling a 3 year old to all-day school "progress." I still call it outsourcing. FWIW, all of that "jump" the kids get will be gone by 4th grade at most. Having to spend all day in the anti-social environment of daycare can affect for a lifetime.

The most anti-social school years are usually high school, not pre-school lol
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
June 11th, 2019 at 9:16:01 AM permalink

The most anti-social school years are usually high school, not pre-school lol

All school years are an anti-social, minimum security prison.
darkoz
darkoz
June 11th, 2019 at 10:01:23 AM permalink

All school years are an anti-social, minimum security prison.

Yeah

Lets make America great again

Home schooling for all

• Jump to: