petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
October 7th, 2013 at 2:55:09 PM permalink
Quote: AceCrAAckers

As it is mentioned in the wikipedia, it is totally government owned. That is why it is not a central bank. They print money that is same as the US Notes, the red seal paper money.

Never know at which is an accepted layer of speech?

My meaning was "central bank" as in affiliated with the BIS or World Bank.

Certainly they have a state central bank. That's why they are a threat.
AceCrAAckers
AceCrAAckers
  • Threads: 30
October 7th, 2013 at 3:26:31 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Never know at which is an accepted layer of speech?

My meaning was "central bank" as in affiliated with the BIS or World Bank.

Certainly they have a state central bank. That's why they are a threat.

Ok, I'll play along with your logic.

So if they did not have a state central bank, they would not be a threat. Rothschild please open shop in Iran and create debt based money that you can loan into existence and control them like you control rest of the world.
Edward Snowden is not the criminal, the government is for violating the constitution!
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 7th, 2013 at 4:29:46 PM permalink
Quote: AceCrAAckers

Ok, I'll play along with your logic.

So if they did not have a state central bank, they would not be a threat. Rothschild please open shop in Iran and create debt based money that you can loan into existence and control them like you control rest of the world.

Yeah, there are definitely flaws in my logic. Normalcy bias can be a real head shaker.

Hey, somebody's got to print the fiat right? Whether it's red seal or red shield probably makes no difference. The mic needs an enemy.

By deception thou shalt wage war.

Seems like shaking hands with Tony Blair turned out to be as dangerous as being a "friend of Bills", the most dangerous occupation in Arkansas.

Ole crazy Ghadafi, didn't work out so good for him now did it. Assad's really cussing that dinner date as well.

Damn petro dollar anyway.
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
October 7th, 2013 at 4:47:04 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

As I mentioned before, Cuba itself is not a threat.

Yeah, but as an American I find it offensive that the know-it-all politicians get to decide for me which exotic beaches I'm allowed to visit (Bahamas, Jamaica) and which exotic beaches are illegal for me to visit (Cuba). I admit that my complaint is trivial and nitpicky in the grand scheme of things (I don't lose too much sleep over this issue.)

If the Cuban travel ban had been effective, Cuba would be capitalist by now. But the travel ban has been completely ineffective, so the US must continue to enforce it forever.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 219
October 7th, 2013 at 5:11:03 PM permalink
Quote: reno

Yeah, but as an American I find it offensive that the know-it-all politicians get to decide for me which exotic beaches I'm allowed to visit (Bahamas, Jamaica) and which exotic beaches are illegal for me to visit (Cuba). I admit that my complaint is trivial and nitpicky in the grand scheme of things (I don't lose too much sleep over this issue.)

If the Cuban travel ban had been effective, Cuba would be capitalist by now. But the travel ban has been completely ineffective, so the US must continue to enforce it forever.

I must not be explaining myself right. We don't care that it is capitalist or not, democratic or not. If it were both this would be good. But what we care about is a friendly government that allows US domination and does not allow hostile powers around. The Beard and his brother are anti-USA, which is an unacceptable situation.

FWIW, I believe you are allowed to travel to Cuba, you just cannot purchase even a cup of coffee. I could be incorrect here, and yes, the effective result is Americans cannot go there. If the ban gets lifted I do wonder if Havana would become the playground it once was, or will it be like Cuban Cigars--destroyed by years of communism and not much special about it.

As to the Bahamas, I'm in no hurry to go back there. Very rude people and bad service.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
October 7th, 2013 at 6:30:38 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Cubans are a significant voting block of Florida, and Florida is a key state in elections? And they don't want that. That's my guess.

I don't know if that has changed over the years.

While the Cubans are growing older, they are still influential. Anything that may change the minds of 5% of Floridians is crucial in national politics.

But it is in many ways getting ridiculous. The most powerful nation in the world afraid to send tourists to an island only 100 miles away based primarily on events that happened half a century ago.

Bahamas gets between 5 and 6 million tourists a year. They probably won't be happy about Cuba opening up.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 7th, 2013 at 7:11:46 PM permalink
@ AZduffman

I like to hear your thoughts on this standoff in congress right now.

Do you think there is any possibility of treasury not making ss payments on time this month?

On Cuba, I read China is drilling for oil/gas or will off the coast.

I've read too many opinions on whether we've reached peak oil or not, but did read a couple reports on a super giant field stretching

from Haiti to Cuba.

Are you involved somehow as an asset?
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
October 7th, 2013 at 9:26:25 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

FWIW, I believe you are allowed to travel to Cuba, you just cannot purchase even a cup of coffee. I could be incorrect here, and yes, the effective result is Americans cannot go there.

True, but... the penalty is fucking nuts: up to 10 years in prison and $250,000 fine. The penalty is more destructive than the crime! Perhaps this nonsense was defensible in 1973, but in 2013?

Quote: pacomartin

The most powerful nation in the world afraid to send tourists to an island only 100 miles away based primarily on events that happened half a century ago.

Exactly.

• Jump to: