34 votes (30.63%)
67 votes (60.36%)

111 members have voted

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
July 23rd, 2019 at 2:14:17 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Put in sinks that have a lot of water shooting out. So many places it takes quite a while to get your hands completely wet

What's funny is, if you need hurricane volume air, some of the new air driers really blast. Meanwhile the sinks ration water for draught conditions apparently.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 23rd, 2019 at 11:02:03 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

What's funny is, if you need hurricane volume air, some of the new air driers really blast. Meanwhile the sinks ration water for draught conditions apparently.

OH HELL NO. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO TILT ME, PUT THOSE IN A BATHROOM.

Those things (air dryers) are literally the bane of all bathrooms. They don't work worth a damn for one. They (apparently) blow germs all over, which I particularly don't care about, but it's just bad in general. In high school, one bathroom had those damn things and if you were in the first stall, the way the air would draft through the joint in a way so it'd shoot air straight at you while taking a fat dump.

My high school also didn't have doors on any of the stalls because apparently that's where people would do heroin n s*** like that. Kinda awkward the first few times, but after that, you just kinda get used to it....at least I did. If someone gonna stare at you while you're releasing the kraken, then that dude's got a problem, not me.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 425
July 23rd, 2019 at 11:38:30 PM permalink

OH HELL NO. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO TILT ME, PUT THOSE IN A BATHROOM.

Those things (air dryers) are literally the bane of all bathrooms.

I avoid touching anything in a public
restroom. I use the facility and never
wash my hands, touching myself
is cleaner than anything in that bathroom.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 34
July 24th, 2019 at 5:43:56 AM permalink

My high school also didn't have doors on any of the stalls because apparently that's where people would do heroin n s*** like that.

Mine, too! I always thought it was because of vandalism.

Quote:

Kinda awkward the first few times, but after that, you just kinda get used to it....at least I did.

I never did. I only dropped a deuce one time in my first 3 years there. My senior year, I found that there were nice bathrooms (with stall doors) off of the chorus room.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 108
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
July 24th, 2019 at 5:51:37 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Do you realize that not all of us kiss our dentist.

I married mine....
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
July 24th, 2019 at 9:17:57 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I married mine....

I am jealous, I need a lot of dental work done. Mine works for an accounting firm. If you need a new accountant let me know and maybe we can workout a wife swap.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 108
July 24th, 2019 at 2:20:56 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I am jealous, I need a lot of dental work done. Mine works for an accounting firm. If you need a new accountant let me know and maybe we can workout a wife swap.

My accountant is my ex's father, and he still does my stuff for free.

No..... I hide nothing so I'm not concerned!
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
odiousgambitRS
August 9th, 2019 at 10:09:25 AM permalink
I'd forgotten how tough it is to drive back East.

The drivers are generally good, which they'd have to be. The weak either die or are relegated to the bus.

I understand that the roads are all paved over donkey trails and that you can't halt all activity in Manhatten or Philadelphia for 3 years to build modern roads. But that doesn't make it more fun.

They could update some of the speed limits to reflect the post-model T era. Also the signage. Maybe I'm spoiled being a Westerner, but it would be cool to know that the freeway is going to divide before I hit the divide and have 4 seconds to move 3 lanes over.

It's an interesting example of human progress/figuring things out. While Vegas has the worst drivers on the whole flat earth, the roads are spacious and pretty efficient and logical because it is mostly a new city and the designers can use the lessons of the past. Meanwhile, whoever designed certain motorcar paths in 1910 back east thought, "let's make all turns illegal for 50 miles on this road. Then if you need to turn around, or go to a destination on the left side of the road, you can make a right turn onto a different road. Then make a U turn. Then make a left turn." Seems crazy now, but I bet that guy was considered bright back in his day.

I drew a diagram of the exit to one destination I frequented. The arrow is the path you are taking on the "highway" (speed limit, 13mph.) The green path is where the exit would be in any Western state. The black path is my closest recollection of the route from the freeway. It kicks off with the exit being on the wrong side of the road. There actually was an exit on the correct side, but for some reason, it was blocked by a strip of concrete.

Also, there was a big lag on the GPS and it was constantly going haywire, for days in multiple cities. I don't know exactly what the deal was. Maybe the East coast and T-Mobile don't get along. I think at least part of it was just that the roads twist and overlap so much and that there are so many small roads packed into small areas that it can't keep them all straight.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
RS
August 9th, 2019 at 10:29:16 AM permalink
GPS made driving through the northeast US a lot easier. Even if you miss a turn it gives you the turnaround to follow.

I think Vegas has a lot of disposable income to take care of roads and I consider it better than average compared to most cities.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
August 9th, 2019 at 10:39:00 AM permalink
I always have problems with GPS when driving near large congested buildings. I always assumed the GPS wasn't getting line of sight to the satellites because of the tall buildings.
Living longer does not always infer +EV

• Jump to: