10 votes (9.34%)
33 votes (30.84%)
64 votes (59.81%)

107 members have voted

Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 5
March 15th, 2019 at 2:15:21 AM permalink
Jesus. Anyone see the bit where Kevin Hart acts like a friend requesting Starbucks? "You going to Bucky's???" Priceless.
"Favorable bets are called 'investments.' Unfavorable bets constitute 'gambling.' -William Poundstone quoting John Kelly Jr. in Fortune's Formula
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 95
March 15th, 2019 at 6:41:14 AM permalink
Another pet peeve I recently discovered I have with respect to the craps tables...

When a player cant make up his mind on bets and keeps throwing his hand and chips over the table last second just as the shooter is about to shoot. Once is fine, twice is manageable, but over and over is just wrong!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
standbymyman
standbymyman
  • Threads: 1
March 15th, 2019 at 9:10:30 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Another instance of using a noun
as a verb. I hate that, it's a real pet
peeve of mine. Another one I hate
is when people say "Are you coming
with?" Instead of 'with me'. Arrghh!

Doubt you hate it very often.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
March 15th, 2019 at 10:13:47 AM permalink
Dining at a local brew pub. Sign says Todays Special- A large three topping pizza for $12.99. We order appetizers and a pie,with meatballs, green peppers and extra cheese. An hour or so later, we ask for the bill. In addition to being charged for two drafts we didn't order, we are.charged $19 for the pizza.
Waitress explains extra cheese is not a topping, it is an add on, and we ordered a two tipping pie with extra cheese, not the daily special.
$10.99 for the pie, $3 for the extra cheese and $2.50 each for the toppings. We ask for a manager and the guy insists it's not the waitress fault. After my friend says he plans to pay by credit card and appeal the entire bill, the manager reluctantly agreed to charge us $12.99. for the pie. I'd eaten there once or twice but wouldn't be back.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
March 15th, 2019 at 10:22:07 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Dining at a local brew pub. Sign says Todays Special- A large three topping pizza for $12.99. We order appetizers and a pie,with meatballs, green peppers and extra cheese. An hour or so later, we ask for the bill. In addition to being charged for two drafts we didn't order, we are.charged $19 for the pizza.
Waitress explains extra cheese is not a topping, it is an add on, and we ordered a two tipping pie with extra cheese, not the daily special.
$10.99 for the pie, $3 for the extra cheese and $2.50 each for the toppings. We ask for a manager and the guy insists it's not the waitress fault. After my friend says he plans to pay by credit card and appeal the entire bill, the manager reluctantly agreed to charge us $12.99. for the pie. I'd eaten there once or twice but wouldn't be back.

This is why when I'm ordering a special at a restaurant I always say something like, "Yes, I'll have the special, the pizza with blah blah blah."

That way they can correct me if I'm ordering outside the parameters of the special, and they don't have any excuses when trying to pull a fast one about cheese not being a topping (which I guess a lot of pizza places do nowadays).
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
March 15th, 2019 at 10:25:28 AM permalink
You know the world is going to heck in a hand basket when extra cheese is no longer a topping.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
Thanks for this post from:
Foragerbeachbumbabstringlomane
March 15th, 2019 at 10:50:32 AM permalink
Hell, half the time when I get pizza there's too MUCH cheese on it.... I don't need any extra.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 230
March 15th, 2019 at 12:08:24 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

You know the world is going to heck in a hand basket when extra cheese is no longer a topping.

Which joints consider it an extra topping? Everywhere I go, it isn't considered a topping, just as extra sauce is not. Cheese is expensive, and they have to use a lot of it. I can understand why it isn't grouped into toppings.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 230
Thanks for this post from:
Minty
March 15th, 2019 at 12:17:08 PM permalink
I was in Costco last night, and saw a couple opening the box of 130 "kitchen sized" garbage bags to, I assume, check the size (even though it is described on the packaging.

Folks who open packages before paying for them really irk me. Especially when you see these damaged goods sitting on the shelf, or abandoned somewhere else in the store. It means higher prices for everybody else, because someone can't read the description on the package.

And don't get me started about people who open and eat food items, or give them to their kids before paying for them...
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
March 15th, 2019 at 12:17:57 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Which joints consider it an extra topping? Everywhere I go, it isn't considered a topping, just as extra sauce is not. Cheese is expensive, and they have to use a lot of it. I can understand why it isn't grouped into toppings.

Do you think extra cheese and double cheese are the same thing?
Extra cheese is the cheese sprinkled on top of the toppings😃

• Jump to: