Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 22nd, 2011 at 8:52:19 AM permalink
No, this isn't about recent developments in the forum (not that they hurt, you know).

Something happened over the weekend. I'm not quite sure what, as the weekend wasn't much different from most others. The thing is I've been feeling rather happy lately. Here's a list of some things I did:

1) After my second electrolysis session I shaved off the rest of my facial hair. For the first time there was no irritation at all. This means I'm right to focus on the neck, and if I can get it eliminated or subdued by late May (not unreasonable) I willl have no trouble at all going a full week (well, five days) en femme in Vegas next June.

2) The new moisturizer I've been using is working wonders. Not only is my skin softer than it's ever been, but it's helping a chronic problem with ingrown hairs I've suffered through for years.

3) I've restarted research on SRS (Sex reassignment surgery). The state of the art is quite unchanged from where I left it some years ago, but there are plenty of surgeons who get nice results. Should I ever move to Vegas, there are three within easy reach at Arizona, California and Colorado, all working at hospitals rather than clinics (Don't EVER have any kind of major surgery at a clinic).

3.1) One of these surgeons will turn down smokers. This surprised me. Yes, smoking is bad for you and all that, but I'd never seen any bias against smokers regarding any kind of surgery other than those related to heart and lung disease. Others don't say so outright, but in their admission/evaluation forms ask very pointed questions about smoking.

This means I'd do better to quit smoking. I've no desire to, and prior to this I had no real incentive to. Now I do. Well, it's not easy, regardles of all the jokes I make about it (see my sig). But now I'm looking forward to it. Not so much that I'm willing to try now, and thus having somethign unpleasant in the future does not seem so bad. I'll get finished with weight loss first, then I'll focus on smoking. Last Friday I wouldn't have believed I'd ever say somethign along these lines.

That's pretty much it. Any thoughts? I think it comes dow to making progress and looking with optimism towards the future.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 22nd, 2011 at 4:35:56 PM permalink
BTW The moisturizer I'm using and raving so much about is called Dexeryl. It's made in Belgium by Pierre Fabre Sante Benelux, S.A. The back label says "Protective cream for external use."

I can't recommend it enough. It's very fluid, not greasy at all and it's done wonders for my skin. It's relatively cheap, too, at around $8.50 for a 250 gram container (around half a pound). I've no idea whether it's sold in the US, but it should be easy to find in Europe. In Mexico it's sold at pharmacies only.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: