33 votes (50.76%)
23 votes (35.38%)

65 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
April 5th, 2018 at 6:10:23 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Last night I dreamt that I was playing in the WSOP main event. At my first table were a couple of my coworkers. We were having some delay for some reason starting the round, I think because they were having some kind of issue distributing the chips.

I told my coworkers that I didn't have a lot of poker experience so please excuse my ignorance if I did stuff wrong (string bets, not betting in the right multiples, etc.). And in my head in the dream I was thinking "why did I throw away ten grand on this entry when I don't know WTF I'm doing?"

Why can't I dream about winning at blackjack or craps? I don't even really like poker.

Funny thing about dreams like this, if you confront the strangeness, the characters don't acknowledge it and brush you off. The others in a dream will not admit it's a dream, the subconscious doesn't want to have you break the illusion.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 23
April 5th, 2018 at 10:51:45 PM permalink
One gambling dream the other day... I kept getting almost-winners on VP, like four to a royal, three aces and a kicker, etc. Every single time, I'd get distracted, or a drink would tip over, or the machine would malfunction, and I wouldn't've held the cards I meant to. The first card out, invariably, was the card I needed to finish the hand. This continued to happen on almost every hand until I realized that the machine had sprung a leak and I was sitting in rising water-- welp, time to make a bathroom trip!
Lucca3927
Lucca3927
  • Threads: 17
April 6th, 2018 at 3:15:00 PM permalink
There have been times when I saw something that could have been from a nightmare walking down Freemont Street.
"I should have bet black." - Winston Churchill .

• Jump to: