AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
November 3rd, 2019 at 9:41:53 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Fancy towels don't seem to soak up water very well.

I too take an occasional towel for rag use kept in the garage or trunk of the car.

My hotel stays are 95% less than they were 20 or so years ago, back then I did 20-30 nights a year. At one point in a busy month a buddy asked why I even had an apartment. So things might have changed, but I do not notice by much.

Quote:

Our house towels are all grey or black. No white towels are allowed. One might think that's my wife's rule. but it's actually mine.

Mine are mixed, mostly purple and red. My brother had a bunch of really nice towels he and his wife were getting rid of so I took them all. Kept the purple and red because well I am a bachelor not a savage, and donated the rest off. Even at that I still have a lifetime supply. I take a purple towel when a take a schvitz at the Y.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
November 3rd, 2019 at 10:45:32 AM permalink
towels? Ain't never noticed 'em much. Women tend to like big and fluffy and not to leave them on the floor.
I don't know 'bout stealing them.
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 72
November 3rd, 2019 at 11:12:44 AM permalink
When I was a kid our house was full of Holiday Inn towels. Now they watch the rooms. I took the robe once because I wanted it and nobody noticed or cared.

The robe notwithstanding, I can't think of anything that I'd even want.

I've taken the do not disturb sign once or twice when mine was gone. That's not stealing: it's a relocation :-). However, when I was a kid I would take everyone off every room in the hall. This is akin to unscrewing the top of the salt shaker In a restaurant.

If you must, must, must steal stuff then take a chance and go into a room that's open because the maid is doing her work. Act like you belong since it's your room, take what you want, leave, and hope for the best.

"If you steal the Bible then you go to hell!" Kevin Spacey in 21. "Like I'm not going there already."
The best things in life are not free.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 159
November 3rd, 2019 at 11:53:14 AM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

When I was a kid our house was full of Holiday Inn towels. Now they watch the rooms. I took the robe once because I wanted it and nobody noticed or cared.

The robe notwithstanding, I can't think of anything that I'd even want.

I've taken the do not disturb sign once or twice when mine was gone. That's not stealing: it's a relocation :-). However, when I was a kid I would take everyone off every room in the hall. This is akin to unscrewing the top of the salt shaker In a restaurant.

If you must, must, must steal stuff then take a chance and go into a room that's open because the maid is doing her work. Act like you belong since it's your room, take what you want, leave, and hope for the best.

"If you steal the Bible then you go to hell!" Kevin Spacey in 21. "Like I'm not going there already."

What does it say about a forum when you can't discuss politics but are free to dispense criminal advice? Taking a towel is one thing, but telling people how to steal other people's stuff...?
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
November 3rd, 2019 at 12:37:10 PM permalink
We have multiple people on this forum telling fairy tale stories that nobody believes so who cares really lol.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
November 3rd, 2019 at 12:47:08 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

We have multiple people on this forum telling fairy tale stories that nobody believes so who cares really lol.

I'm as honest as the day is long, proclaims Fleastiff as we approach the Winter Solstice.
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
November 3rd, 2019 at 1:07:47 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

What does it say about a forum when you can't discuss politics but are free to dispense criminal advice? Taking a towel is one thing, but telling people how to steal other people's stuff...?

In light of the title of this thread, what's the big deal. There are threads on cheating too but I don't add to them.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 3rd, 2019 at 1:08:02 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I think you can get reviews on places to buy drugs and hookers as well. 😃
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
November 3rd, 2019 at 1:13:10 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I think you can get reviews on places to buy drugs and hookers as well. 😃

Yet I think that the threads and reviews about the best wedding chapels might be a bit harder to find :-).
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
November 3rd, 2019 at 1:23:24 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

Actually I have heard that the Gideons consider a stolen hotel room Bible a Bible that has found a good home and do not mind.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: