Thread Rating:

Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
April 9th, 2021 at 3:13:44 PM permalink
Thanks, indeed! I already posted a reply in the "posting photos" thread.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
April 18th, 2021 at 9:57:27 PM permalink

Going to need a new bag soon
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
April 18th, 2021 at 9:58:49 PM permalink
Iím not sure why itís posting sideways 🤷‍♂️
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
Doc
Doc
April 19th, 2021 at 7:14:35 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Iím not sure why itís posting sideways 🤷‍♂️

Interesting point, PG. I can only offer this speculation: I would consider your original image to be in portrait format, while the new "Insert My Picture" feature of the forum (or the hosting service) may automatically orient images in landscape format. If that speculation is correct, then I think that is a serious error in the feature. Hope that's not really the case.
Keeneone
Keeneone 
  • Threads: 19
April 19th, 2021 at 7:52:42 AM permalink

I recognize a couple of places in there I have visited, Seminole Brighton and Bonita Springs Poker Room.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
April 19th, 2021 at 9:11:37 AM permalink
How did you get the picture facing the correct way?
Keeneone
Keeneone 
  • Threads: 19
April 19th, 2021 at 9:17:24 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

How did you get the picture facing the correct way?

I saved it, edit it (rotated the picture), and then reposted it.
One thing you can do is preview your post first to see if the picture looks good.
I am not sure why the new posting method does this, but the preview post (and edit if necessary) is one workaround.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
April 19th, 2021 at 12:35:05 PM permalink
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
April 19th, 2021 at 12:35:19 PM permalink
Annoying but I got it
Doc
Doc
April 19th, 2021 at 1:27:19 PM permalink
Guess I need to revise the speculation that I posted earlier. It still seems likely that either the WoV posting feature or the hosting service has "landscape" format as the default, but there is at least a workaround if you find the post doesn't look the way you want. I still haven't attempted this new feature myself.

On a related topic....

As I noted previously, I had hoped this new feature would offer a way for this thread to correct for the many chip-of-the-day images that are now missing or obscured. That problem arose because the images were being hosted by sites (e.g., Photobucket) that started charging for their services, and those "surprise" charges have not been paid. I updated my list of such images and planned to notify each of the chip posters about which of their images could use some attention using this new posting feature.

Unfortunately, I found that the bulk of such images were posted by members who are no longer active here. I have identified a total of 118 chip images that I think need to be replaced, with 104 of those posted by just four members/collectors. None of those four members have even visited the site in the past three and a half years. The other 14 images were posted by 10 other members who provided one or two images each. Seven of those remaining 14 images were posted by members who haven't visited the forum in more than three years.

I can try to contact those members by private messages, but these new observations have taken a significant toll on my expectations that we will ever be able to repair the damaged posts, even with the new image-posting feature and even with the new authority for members to be able to edit their old posts in this thread.

I am open to suggestions as to how we might be able to fix this problem in the thread.

• Jump to: