Thread Rating:

rushdl
rushdl
  • Threads: 9
February 19th, 2016 at 7:03:52 AM permalink
What's a good way to clean a couple souvenir chips? One red and one white. Windex? Just thought Id ask.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 19th, 2016 at 9:40:36 AM permalink
Quote: rushdl

What's a good way to clean a couple souvenir chips? One red and one white. Windex? Just thought Id ask.

Paging Doc and RDW...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
February 19th, 2016 at 10:13:23 AM permalink
Acetone cleans very well, but is drying & may discolor the chip. Also, it requires ventilation.

Gentle soap and warm water can work well. just don't soak the chip too long if the center inlay is a sticker (it'll warp/bubble)

My issue with windex was that I needed a lot of liquid to remove gunk, and windex leaves sort of a sticky residue if you're using more than a little of it.

In any case, you're going to want a clean, dry, white rag (white makes it easier to visually verify your success rate) and a small tool to clean out detail areas of the chip. a dentist's pick works well, so does one of those carbide golfclub groove cleaning tools.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
February 19th, 2016 at 11:54:27 AM permalink
Quote: rushdl

I used to just use a warm water cloth but recently started using windex which works really well to get the gunk off. I still use a cloth to get the windex off after cleaning each chip cause as rdw said windex leaves residue. I find this is the best combo to both clean the chip really well and not damage the inlay or the colour of the chip.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
February 19th, 2016 at 1:27:46 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

As I stated in my post from May 2010, I was there on a Tuesday at 5:15 pm. Last I heard, the Silver Saddle was still open, and they even had clay $1 chips instead of the tokens like I collected. No, I haven't been back to get a replacement.

Was just reading this old post of yours from November 6th, 2013 and laughed because at the upcoming spring fling I will be venturing/risking my life to collect one of these clay chips from Silver Saddle. To be honest their website makes the place look pretty safe.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
February 22nd, 2016 at 6:11:33 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Was just reading this old post of yours from November 6th, 2013 and laughed because at the upcoming spring fling I will be venturing/risking my life to collect one of these clay chips from Silver Saddle. To be honest their website makes the place look pretty safe.

Security is provided by uniformed police on podiums. How much more safety do you need?!? :-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
February 22nd, 2016 at 10:51:44 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Security is provided by uniformed police on podiums. How much more safety do you need?!? :-)

Is that your way of assuring me I have nothing to worry about or your way of telling me how unsafe it is that they NEED uniformed cops lol?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
February 22nd, 2016 at 11:01:48 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Is that your way of assuring me I have nothing to worry about or your way of telling me how unsafe it is that they NEED uniformed cops lol?

Yes.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
February 22nd, 2016 at 11:29:18 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Yes.

Haha thanks. Maybe I can convince Doc to come with me to get the new clay chips after spring fling on the Friday night. He has the token from before they had real chips.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
February 22nd, 2016 at 8:50:31 PM permalink
I think that for such an adventure we would need, at a minimum, to have rdw4potus providing private security. Maybe DJTeddyBear, too.

• Jump to: