Thread Rating:

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 111
October 8th, 2012 at 11:44:41 AM permalink
I just booked my flight. See you soon Vegas!

We're down to the single digits now: Only 9 more days to go.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 111
October 11th, 2012 at 11:33:09 AM permalink
6 days left to go. Can you believe it?

I have to say that I feel so great because even though I have gotten an extreme amount of negativity from people on the forum here I have gotten nothing but an ENORMOUS amount of positive support and responses from people elsewhere. The GM and staff at my gym are just floored and talking constantly with me about my success. After posting pics on my Facebook, many of my family members reposted my before and after pics and I've gotten tons and tons of positive responses from all of their friends and followers. Hesitant to show one of the guys I'm dating my before pics (obviously I didn't want to scare him off) I finally decided to show him, and when he viewed them he started to cry, saying "I didn't realize when you've been talking recently about your weight loss that you've accomplished such a tremendous feat." I couldn't believe he was moved so much!

So many people keep telling me "You're such an inspiration, I want to post you online so you can help others". The funny thing is even though I've lost a lot of weight (and this may sound weird) I don't feel like I've done anything spectacular. I said this to one of the salespeople at my gym, who he himself has lost a lot of weight, and he said he agreed and knows what I'm saying. To him and to me we just ate right and went to the gym. Why is that supposed to be hard or so spectacular? It makes me realize that people just use that as an excuse not to lose weight or be healthy... that's why, when people always say "Oh wow, it must've been hard to lose all that weight", I can honestly say No it wasn't! And in the past when people (including those here in the forum) kept saying, "You know, it's going to get harder the closer you get to your goal weight," I kept saying (even back then when I was still obese), "Really? How do you know that? I totally don't think it will get harder," and I was right. If you think it's going to be hard, it's going to be hard. Because your mind will find ways to prove that you're right. If you think it's going to be easy, it will be easy. I never struggled with hunger, I never despised going to the gym. I only ate foods that I really enjoyed, I only did exercises that I liked, and I knew that, when I took my daily vitamins and ate six times a day I was giving my body enough of what it needed and because I knew that I never had an issue with hunger. If you remember when I posted in this thread, I said to my friend after I only lost 40 pounds at the time: FUN. EASY. YUMMY. And that's the trick (and the title of my updoming book, lol). I made this process fun, easy, and only ate yummy foods. People keep asking, "How did you do it?" and I say, "Diet and exercise. But your mindset is most important." And that's true of everything. That's why we can accomplish anything we want on this planet.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 11th, 2012 at 11:51:53 AM permalink
fun easy and yummy....sounds great. Most goals can be attained in manageable steps. Its people who set unrealistic goals or attempt unpleasant measures who get discouraged.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
October 11th, 2012 at 1:41:29 PM permalink
Is anybody but the Wiz going to the weigh in?
Soopoo, Switch and FrG won't be there. Who
else is there from the forum?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
October 11th, 2012 at 1:47:35 PM permalink
I was gonna send my personal assistant , but Roger is traveling on Shufflemaster business that week !
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 11th, 2012 at 2:21:52 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

So many people keep telling me "You're such an inspiration, I want to post you online so you can help others". The funny thing is even though I've lost a lot of weight (and this may sound weird) I don't feel like I've done anything spectacular. I said this to one of the salespeople at my gym, who he himself has lost a lot of weight, and he said he agreed and knows what I'm saying. To him and to me we just ate right and went to the gym. Why is that supposed to be hard or so spectacular?

Oh, trust me: it is.

For one thing you've been going to the gym. For another you've been eating right. Day after day, week after week, month after month. it's hard to keep it up. Perhaps it wasn't too hard for you, but it is for most of us. I seize on any excuse not to work out, for example. And while all my regular meals are sensible, there's the snacking problem I've been battling my whole life. Overcoming that is the trick. The rest does follow easily, but getting to that point is not easy.

It's like taking an amazing picture from the top of Mt. everest. Shooting it might be easy, but getting to the top in order to do so was not.

Quote:

And in the past when people (including those here in the forum) kept saying, "You know, it's going to get harder the closer you get to your goal weight," I kept saying (even back then when I was still obese), "Really? How do you know that? I totally don't think it will get harder," and I was right. If you think it's going to be hard, it's going to be hard.

Oh, that's a simple matter with the laws of conservation. Or as Beakman said in Beakman's World: "Everything goes somewhere."

Let's start with a body mass of X which requires Y calories to be maintained. In order to lose weight, you need to consume less calories, say 0.9 Y. Well and good. When you have an excess body mass, any reduction in calories leads to some weight loss. So you diet and exercise and at once you lose some weight.

But suppose your target is, say, 0.75 X, and for that you need 0.85 Y calories. Then eventually you'll hit a wall. You'll keep on dieting and working out, but you won't lose any more weight. You need to either further reduce your caloric intake, or work out more. Most weight loss plans work like that. If undertaken under a doctor or a nutritionist, there have to be adjustments along the way. If not, then when you notice no further weight loss, you need to make adjustments.

Anwyay, that's why many people, myself included, will say that losing the first, say, 40 lbs was easy, btu the last 10 lbs was incredibly hard.

Quote:

If you remember when I posted in this thread, I said to my friend after I only lost 40 pounds at the time: FUN. EASY. YUMMY. And that's the trick

I can understand the Yummy aprt. i cook to suit my tastes. Therefore, when a recipe works, everything tastes delicious to me :) But in order to make exercise fun, I'd need to re-wire my brain.

Quote:

(and the title of my updoming book, lol).

Let me know if you need a ghostwriter (I know a few ghosts <w>)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
October 11th, 2012 at 2:26:30 PM permalink
Colorado just kicked in with 20.7 % obese population. Now no state is below 20%.

The future is not bright.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
October 11th, 2012 at 2:32:04 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

So many people keep telling me "You're such an inspiration

The inspiration is the extremely short list of people
who keet the weight off. 95%+ of people who
lose a lot of weigh gain it all back. Likes been
said a million times here.

Why keep harping on it? Because thats the fact
of life. People can change their lifestyle for a
few months. Changing it for decades in not the
norm, its by far the exception.

So I'll be impressed when you come back in two
years and are still where you are. The trip you're
on isn't over, it hasn't even begun yet. You just did
the easy part. Ask Richard Simmons, the hard
part is yet to come.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
October 11th, 2012 at 2:41:17 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Is anybody but the Wiz going to the weigh in?
Soopoo, Switch and FrG won't be there. Who
else is there from the forum?

I'm in Vegas next week 15th-18th. No chance of me attending the weigh-in.
Better things to do, better people to spend time with. It would be cool to
meet the Wizard though. Maybe another day.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
October 11th, 2012 at 3:26:45 PM permalink
I assume this is a busman's holiday and you are indeed retired from bookmaking ?

Not everybody looks good in orange.

• Jump to: