EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
April 3rd, 2011 at 11:30:06 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I know woman, and I've lived with some, and I know their sizes. An average size women does wear a 12. Unless the US 12 is some sort of circus tent. It could be for all I know.

And thats all I have to say about that.

Here's what an expert says: "Vintage Clothing sizes are much much smaller than today's clothing sizes. Without getting into a really long explanation of the changes made in American clothing size charts during the last 50 years, let me say this...generally speaking, vintage clothing sizes run 4-6 sizes smaller than clothing sizes today. For example, I normally wear a size 4-6 in most everything ( dress, pants, skirts) but if I'm trying on a 50's dress, I need a size 12."

In today's clothes, Marylyn Monroe would be a 4 or a 6. Size 12 now is almost a plus size.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 4th, 2011 at 6:00:04 AM permalink
Cases involving the Playboy Clubs and Hooters, for instance, set strong legal precedents for companies to set such standards.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
April 4th, 2011 at 6:12:09 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Cases involving the Playboy Clubs and Hooters, for instance, set strong legal precedents for companies to set such standards.

Unless I'm mistaken, that goes for the Borgata as well.

The difference is, those standards, as well as the maintenance requirements, were made public (or at least known to the applicants) prior to the first employee being hired.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 4th, 2011 at 7:19:30 AM permalink
Quote: Croupier

Well US size 0 is a uk size 4 (i think) so that means a uk 12 is a us 16. I could google it but I am just too lazy.

A size number means nothing unless you specify country and type (women's misses, pettite, juniors, etc.) And yet you get some men bent out of shape if the size isn't in the low single digits. The only think funnier is when men discuss cup sizes as if they meant something by themselves :)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 4th, 2011 at 7:57:26 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Unless I'm mistaken, that goes for the Borgata as well.

Absolutely and famously.
Quote: DJTeddyBear

The difference is, those standards, as well as the maintenance requirements, were made public (or at least known to the applicants) prior to the first employee being hired.

I can't think of any prohibition on changing the standards while in operation, as long as they don't have problems like arbitrariness and inequality.
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
June 10th, 2011 at 4:35:37 PM permalink
This story is not going away. Inside Edition just did a piece on it tonight. Four longtime Resorts waitresses were interviewed along with Gloria Allred.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
June 10th, 2011 at 5:50:21 PM permalink
Two weeks ago, I was in Resorts and was asked by a waitress if I wanted a beverage. She was slim and fit into her cocktail waitress outfit but Oh My Freakin GAWD did she have butterface!! They're only firing the Rubenesque ones, the homely ones, they're keeping!
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
June 10th, 2011 at 7:01:47 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Two weeks ago, I was in Resorts and was asked by a waitress if I wanted a beverage. She was slim and fit into her cocktail waitress outfit but Oh My Freakin GAWD did she have butterface!!

Butterface? Butter has a face?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Ike
Ike
  • Threads: 0
June 10th, 2011 at 7:13:00 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Butterface? Butter has a face?

Really?....

BUT-HER-FACE

• Jump to: