Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
October 13th, 2022 at 3:30:38 AM permalink

in another thread I mentioned that imo Nyquil was a great product

so is Philadelphia brand cream cheese - in branded products such as this I always go with the original and spurn the variations

and Canada Dry ginger ale - I prefer the no sugar choice - you actually get some health benefits from the ginger - but that's not why I drink it - just like it - so much better than Coke. my Mom, from Canada, was very proud of this product - although it got bought out and is now owned by an American company

almost forgot - Ritz crackers - only the original version of course

and Red Rose tea - another Canadian product

and Coffeemate - because real cream cools the coffee down and it will stay hot with the powder - makes the coffee just as or almost as tasty as with real cream - and it never goes bad and stinks like real cream does

care to add some of your picks to the list______?______________I'd love to see them

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Oct 13, 2022
Please don't feed the trolls
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
October 13th, 2022 at 4:27:23 AM permalink
I also like Canada Dry Ginger Ale ( Zero Sugar ), but I prefer Coke Zero.

This one has a cylindrical slide on it that holds the screw perpendicular to the board.

There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
October 13th, 2022 at 9:17:13 AM permalink
Ritz crackers are very unhealthy. They have trans fats, and trans fats have two different mechanisms in your body, both of which lead to clogged arteries. Ritz crackers are banned in some countries because of their trans fats.

Ritz also has processed white flour, high fructose corn syrup and carbohydrates with zero fiber.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
October 13th, 2022 at 9:36:28 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Ritz crackers are very unhealthy. They have trans fats, and trans fats have two different mechanisms in your body, both of which lead to clogged arteries. Ritz crackers are banned in some countries because of their trans fats.

Ritz also has processed white flour, high fructose corn syrup and carbohydrates with zero fiber.
link to original post

according to the Ritz box 5 crackers has 80 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, of which 1.5 grams is saturated fat
it also says zero cholesterol and zero trans fat
and a total of 2 grams of sugar

I don't think they would lie about that stuff because if they did and someone complained they could get in trouble with the FDA

it doesn't contain fiber but I deliberately eat bran cereal and wheat bread almost every day and get a lot of fiber from that

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
October 13th, 2022 at 11:15:17 AM permalink

link to original post

You must be fun at parties…

Seriously though many snack foods that have trans fats just make the serving size just small enough so that they can legally put 0 trans fats on the package.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
October 13th, 2022 at 11:20:39 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

link to original post

according to the Ritz box 5 crackers has 80 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, of which 1.5 grams is saturated fat
it also says zero cholesterol and zero trans fat
and a total of 2 grams of sugar

I don't think they would lie about that stuff because if they did and someone complained they could get in trouble with the FDA

it doesn't contain fiber but I deliberately eat bran cereal and wheat bread almost every day and get a lot of fiber from that

link to original post

A serving is 5 crackers rather than, say 8, so that the trans fat is low enough they can put 0. Common tactic in snack foods.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 13th, 2022 at 11:49:30 AM permalink
Say no more, “Libman Wonder mop”. Sold in most stores.

Favorite Mop ever.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 13th, 2022 at 1:41:13 PM permalink
Rust-Oleum automotive duct tape, I swear by this stuff. I always have at least four or five rolls of it in the house and garage and basement and barn. I use it for everything it's indestructible. It's thin strong and super sticky and I even use it for a bandage because it never comes off even in the shower. Stuff has a thousand uses. I've been buying it at Walmart but they've been out of it lately.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
October 13th, 2022 at 5:21:56 PM permalink
Exactly, if you have less than 0.5 gram trans fat per serving you are legally allowed to say zero. The FDA is sometimes part of the problem.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
October 13th, 2022 at 5:24:56 PM permalink

Men's underpants with pouches. That is a great product.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
October 14th, 2022 at 1:10:45 AM permalink

Men's underpants with pouches. That is a great product.
link to original post

What if you don't want to carry a spare pair of socks round?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
October 14th, 2022 at 2:20:15 AM permalink

there might not be a lot of guitar players here - but anyway - Yamaha makes a great acoustic guitar especially when considering price

Guitar World ranks the Yamaha FG 800 at just $222 as being better than the Taylor 110 e at $800 and better than the Takamine P3 NY at $1449

guitars as a whole are great products - easy to play - not very well of course - easily portable - and the good ones have a beautiful tone because flesh strikes the string directly - this makes the tone greatly superior to that of a piano imo. - of course, much more complex music can be played on a piano

https://www.guitarworld.com/gear/best-acoustic-guitars

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Oct 14, 2022
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
October 14th, 2022 at 3:44:08 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

there might not be a lot of guitar players here - but anyway - Yamaha makes a great acoustic guitar especially when considering price

Guitar World ranks the Yamaha FG 800 at just $222 as being better than the Taylor 110 e at $800 and better than the Takamine P3 NY at $1449

guitars as a whole are great products - easy to play - not very well of course - easily portable - and the good ones have a beautiful tone because flesh strikes the string directly - this makes the tone greatly superior to that of a piano imo. - of course, much more complex music can be played on a piano

https://www.guitarworld.com/gear/best-acoustic-guitars

link to original post

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
October 14th, 2022 at 9:12:06 AM permalink

oh, yeaaaaaaah

La - Z- Boy recliner
cold beer
great game on my big screen tv

I'm in heaven

coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
October 14th, 2022 at 10:15:03 AM permalink
VERNORS is much better then Canada dry

VERNORS in a nice big glass with some real vanilla ice cream aka Boston cooler

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/drink/ice-cream-drink/boston-cooler-the-real-thing.html
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
October 14th, 2022 at 10:24:05 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

VERNORS is much better then Canada dry

VERNORS in a nice big glass with some real vanilla ice cream aka Boston cooler

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/drink/ice-cream-drink/boston-cooler-the-real-thing.html
link to original post

I used to love Vernors the rare times I got to have it as a kid. However, they seemed to have changed their recipe/production somewhere along the line, maybe late 80's/early 90's. Today's Vernors seems more mellow in both flavor and carbonation. I remember the bubbles making my nose tingle back in the day. It was a unique (only got this reaction with Vernors, no other sodas) and memorable sensation that I don't experience with today's Vernors.

Meh, maybe I'm just crazy. I will have to try a Boston Cooler, though. Never occurred to me to make a float out of it.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
  • Jump to: