kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
Thanked by
Zcore13
May 16th, 2021 at 12:05:55 PM permalink
In another thread that I am not allowed to mention, nor participate on (the only time someone has been so restricted BTW), a member made a number of completely false and erroneous statements that I would like to correct. Since the checks and balance concept has been restricted to me, I will start a new thread to correct these falsehoods.

Erroneous statement to follow:

"On the other hand, in a game like Blackjack, there is no option to NOT bet, so obviously flat betting is not going to work either - and anyone who says that flat betting will work at Blackjack is not worthy of past, present or future consideration as to anything he or she might have to say. There are such lost souls.
The only conceivable way flat betting might work at Blackjack is if one player were at the table and then alerted another to pop in and jack the bet, but even then, effectively, that is not flat betting as the two players are working as a team and the introduction of the second player is just like increasing the over all bet".

First of all there IS an option to not bet in blackjack. It is called "wonging out". Basically exiting a negative count or situation for a more favorable one. Combined with "wonging in", to a more favorable situation CAN provide the player an advantage while flat betting.

Second, there are other methods of advantage play regarding blackjack, hole-carding for one, that allows a player to gain and advantage while still flat betting. As a matter of fact there are more players gaining an advantage at blackjack via non card counting methods than card counting.

Furthermore, in regards to card counting, while I personally am not a proponent of level 2 and 3 counts and/or counts with side counts, for players who have access to decent single deck games, an advantage can be gained just by employing count (and many index plays) and while flat betting. the advantage is very slim though so most players will still use a small spread, but it is possible to play with an advantage while flat betting. Only serious player I know of that has access and plays these kinds of single deck games is Moses. Maybe he will say something.

So the idea that "anyone who says that flat betting will work at Blackjack is not worthy of past, present or future consideration as to anything he or she might have to say" is complete nonsense. I would conclude the opposite, that the person making such a statement is the lost soul making stuff up as he goes along.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
May 16th, 2021 at 12:37:09 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

In another thread that I am not allowed to mention, nor participate on (the only time someone has been so restricted BTW), a member made a number of completely false and erroneous statements that I would like to correct. Since the checks and balance concept has been restricted to me, I will start a new thread to correct these falsehoods.

"On the other hand, in a game like Blackjack, there is no option to NOT bet, so obviously flat betting is not going to work either - and anyone who says that flat betting will work at Blackjack is not worthy of past, present or future consideration as to anything he or she might have to say. There are such lost souls.
The only conceivable way flat betting might work at Blackjack is if one player were at the table and then alerted another to pop in and jack the bet, but even then, effectively, that is not flat betting as the two players are working as a team and the introduction of the second player is just like increasing the over all bet".

First of all there IS an option to not bet in blackjack. It is called "wonging out". Basically exiting a negative count or situation for a more favorable one. Combined with "wonging in", to a more favorable situation CAN provide the player an advantage while flat betting.

Second, there are other methods of advantage play regarding blackjack, hole-carding for one, that allows a player to gain and advantage while still flat betting. As a matter of fact there are more players gaining an advantage at blackjack via non card counting methods than card counting.

Furthermore, in regards to card counting, while I personally am not a proponent of level 2 and 3 counts and/or counts with side counts, for players who have access to decent single deck games, an advantage can be gained just by employing count (and many index plays) and while flat betting. the advantage is very slim though so most players will still use a small spread, but it is possible to play with an advantage while flat betting. Only serious player I know of that has access and plays these kinds of single deck games is Moses. Maybe he will say something.

So the idea that "anyone who says that flat betting will work at Blackjack is not worthy of past, present or future consideration as to anything he or she might have to say" is complete nonsense. I would conclude the opposite, that the person making such a statement is the lost soul making stuff up as he goes along.

Why are you quoting MDawg and responding to his post that was not directed at you? I thought you agreed not to do that.

Also didn't OnceDear warn you once and for all not not create any more threads related to or about MDawg, and yet here you go again.

You are once again circumventing your agreement.

You can't just leave it alone and go your way? Does MDawg ever mention you in any way?
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Keeneonerainman
May 16th, 2021 at 12:38:33 PM permalink

These were useful and informative statements about BJ. But. your post would have been improved, IMO, if you had stripped out the hostility and contentiousness. You obviously are expressing anger and derision because you are feuding with someone, and most of us really don't care about your feud. I am a fan of your expertise, though.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
coachbelly
coachbelly
  • Threads: 1
May 16th, 2021 at 12:49:06 PM permalink

What is the player's mathematical advantage for hands that he bets zero?

How soon after the count turns negative should the player exit?

How can the player recognize a favorable situation at a table
where he has not been playing?

Are you proposing back-counting? Is that tolerated?
kewlj
kewlj
May 16th, 2021 at 12:59:30 PM permalink
Quote: Wellbush

You are once again circumventing your agreement.

No, I am not! I agreed not to post in the Mdawg thread, nor engage directly with him. i did neither.

I never agreed and never would agree to not correct false statements by anybody regarding blackjack and Las Vegas.
kewlj
kewlj
May 16th, 2021 at 1:09:16 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

What is the player's mathematical advantage for hands that he bets zero?

For hands that the player bets zero his advantage is obviously zero. BUT the player advantage (or house advantage) is not based on any single hand. It is cumulative of the total hands played. And with this strategy, the player will be playing a +EV (player advantage game) WHILE FLAT BETTING, contrary to what was erroneously posted.

Quote: coachbellyHow soon after the count turns negative should the player exit?[/q

Studies done by Don Schlesinger suggest a optimal departure points depending on conditions, rules, how far into the shoe. I, personally use somewhere between TC -1 and TC -2, being a little more tolerant if we are near the shuffle point.

Quote: coachbellyHow can the player recognize a favorable situation at a table where he has not been playing? [/q

For me it is counting. I track a second table when I can. For others it may be the availability of a hole-card opportunity. But regardless, even if I can't track a second table due to circumstances, leaving a negative count table for a fresh table starting a zero is in itself favorable to playing more extreme negative counts.

Quote: coachbellyAre you proposing back-counting? Is that tolerated? [/q

Some places, depends on circumstances. It is just another tool in the arsenal. A "legitimate" tool to gain an advantage.

Wellbush
Wellbush
May 16th, 2021 at 1:10:17 PM permalink

No, I am not! I agreed not to post in the Mdawg thread, nor engage directly with him. i did neither.

I never agreed and never would agree to not correct false statements by anybody regarding blackjack and Las Vegas.

Agreement: "2. Kewlj will stay out of this thread. He may not comment on it in other threads."
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
kewlj
kewlj
May 16th, 2021 at 1:11:51 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

These were useful and informative statements about BJ. But. your post would have been improved, IMO, if you had stripped out the hostility and contentiousness. You obviously are expressing anger and derision because you are feuding with someone, and most of us really don't care about your feud. I am a fan of your expertise, though.

Hostility and anger aren't the right words, gordon888. I do not like misinformation, especially when the person has a history of making stuff up. Such misinformation should be corrected and that is all I am trying to do.
kewlj
kewlj
May 16th, 2021 at 1:15:00 PM permalink

Agreement: "2. Kewlj will stay out of this thread. He may not comment on it in other threads."

Then Wizard can suspend me, if he needs to, for correcting false information, which is 100% contrary to what this forum was started for. But I am not going to sit silently and give someone a pass to post false information.
Wellbush
Wellbush
May 16th, 2021 at 1:27:49 PM permalink

I do not like misinformation, especially when the person has a history of making stuff up.

Why are you continuing to make this thread all about MDawg?
coachbelly
coachbelly
May 16th, 2021 at 1:27:57 PM permalink

I, personally use somewhere between TC -1 and TC -2, being a little more tolerant if we are near the shuffle point.

Isn't it likely that the player would have been flat-betting for some or several -EV rounds
to reach a TC of -1 or -2, especially if early in the shoe?
kewlj
kewlj
May 16th, 2021 at 1:39:18 PM permalink
It is odd that coach belly and this bushwell person care more about pushing for someone to be suspended, than false statements being corrected. Does the truth not matter anymore?
coachbelly
coachbelly
May 16th, 2021 at 1:42:24 PM permalink

It is odd that coach belly and this bushwell person care more about pushing for someone to be suspended, than false statements being corrected.

I'm happy to correct your false statements...

I don't care more about pushing for someone to be suspended.
coachbelly
coachbelly
May 16th, 2021 at 1:47:05 PM permalink

That was acknowledged in the very first sentence of this thread....

In another thread that I am not allowed to mention

Wellbush
Wellbush
May 16th, 2021 at 1:52:18 PM permalink

It is odd that coach belly and this bushwell person care more about pushing for someone to be suspended, than false statements being corrected. Does the truth not matter anymore?

This isn't about the truth is it? It's about your personal agenda to say things today like "the person making such a statement is the lost soul making stuff up as he goes along." and "I do not like misinformation, especially when the person has a history of making stuff up." and "I am not going to sit silently and give someone a pass to post false information."

You keep insulting MDawg.

Looking back in the Adventures of MDawg thread, you devoted many many many many many many many posts to claiming that MDawg is wrong and makes things up, and now you continue with the same. You agreed to stop this and you have not. Plain and simple.

The Wizard said "I will be enforcing this agreement. However, I trust both parties to be men of their words and go their separate ways."
kewlj
kewlj
Thanked by
dawinnaatlozins
May 16th, 2021 at 1:56:48 PM permalink
Look a completely false statement was made that it is impossible to gain an edge at blackjack while flatbetting. I gave 3 examples of how this can be done, Hole-carding, wonging in and out, and a level 2/3 count with many index plays when playing the rare (decent) single deck game. these are all techniques supported by mathematical principals which is "supposed" to be what this forum is about. And techniques that players are currently using to play with an advantage, including myself.

So happens there are a couple other techniques that I know of and probably several that I don't, that I could have mentioned as well. I did the common ones to make my point.

If the gambling math and correction of false mathematical statements are a problem, then this forum has completed it's transition from the math based forum that Wizard announced to 'voodoo' forum.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
May 16th, 2021 at 5:56:04 PM permalink
Weird that Well bush felt strongly enough about this to give away his sock game 100%.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
May 16th, 2021 at 6:31:04 PM permalink

If the gambling math and correction of false mathematical statements are a problem, then this forum has completed it's transition from the math based forum that Wizard announced to 'voodoo' forum.

Kewlj.... either you agreed to not comment on inane and factually incorrect MDawg posts or you didn't. It seems like you did. So be a man of your word and IGNORE the easily proved false posts of Wellbush, MDawg, Coachbelly, etc...

There is no doubt the Wizard has made it clear that the posts of those members are ok here.

Here is what you should have done....... started a new thread like this..... WITHOUT quoting any previous thread, start a new thread entitled.... "Ways to achieve a positive EV flat betting BJ ."That (to me) would have got your point across without breaking the agreement you made with the Wiz. I'm hoping you don't get suspended again, as your posts are generally interesting and valuable. Maybe for $5 a month I can pre screen your posts?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1489
May 16th, 2021 at 6:48:33 PM permalink

Your creation of this thread is in violation of the truce agreement.

Quote:

I might have let this go if you didn't bring Mdawg's name into it, but framed it as a general math lesson on blackjack. However, you had to spike the ball and insult Mdawg too. Based on a long history of prior offenses -- another one month suspension.

I would like to add that I agree with kewlj's statements on blackjack. With good rules and penetration, blackjack is beatable, barely, with count-based strategy deviations alone. This is especially true when depth charging. Also, the player may bet zero by pretending to need to take a call, use the restroom, or just leave. Then return when the count is better. It's called Wonging.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 16th, 2021 at 8:50:48 PM permalink
kj is correct here.

Not betting at blackjack is always an option. Look at me doing it right now. I am not betting at blackjack.

It is also very much possible to keep track of what cards have been played without making a bet. That can be combined with flat betting to earn profits playing with an edge over the casino. When ZenKing was around, he was making a few thousand per month doing something close to that. I would guess he is still be doing it, at least some of the time.
  • Jump to: