Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanks for this post from:
Mooseton
May 9th, 2021 at 11:01:02 AM permalink
I would not participate because you are paying for the results and the test, but the results are shared with other entities. I cannot state the exact details, but it seems wrong to me. The only way I would recommend such a thing is if you are unsure of your ancestry. Truthfully on the other hand, most people are under false impressions about their ancestry because you don't know how many false fathers there have been along the way. Someone I knew said both their grandmothers said their grandfathers weren't really their grandfathers. Our ancestors really must have liked sex enough to sneak their DNA to be fostered by someone else.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 177
May 9th, 2021 at 11:32:36 AM permalink

it's quite amusing when racists take the DNA test and find out they have African DNA
we all have African DNA for reasons known about by biologists and anthropologists and other scientists for many years
but DNA tests won't always show it because they are only able to find genetic mutations that are more recent than 100,000 years ago
and for many their African heritage goes back further and sometimes much further than 100,000 years

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 170
May 9th, 2021 at 2:53:48 PM permalink
I filled out some info at ancestry dot com, (free) and other members there seem to like to research and add your relatives just for fun. I get new updates on and off of other people Iím related to. But I did little, but my initial family.

I have a 23 and me kit sitting on my desk. Need to do that.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
May 10th, 2021 at 9:04:33 PM permalink
I found out that Iím 0% Native American, which I believed all my life. My grandfather showed me a picture of his grandmother, and she looked like she could have been 100%, though he said she was half.

I also found out that my sister is my half sister. She met her dad after 45 years. Her DNA showed a match to his nephew and she was able to contact her newly found cousin through Ancestry.
I heart Crystal Math.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 320
May 10th, 2021 at 9:09:19 PM permalink
Seems to me that still waters should be left unmolested and allowed to run deep.
"What, me worry?"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1382
May 11th, 2021 at 5:20:39 AM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

I also found out that my sister is my half sister. She met her dad after 45 years.

I imagine there is a good story there, if it came by surprise. Care to share?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 11th, 2021 at 5:47:02 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I imagine there is a good story there, if it came by surprise. Care to share?

She must have been heart broken. It's very sad for everyone. Like I said before, it's common more than we think. A man can barely hide it but a woman can in most cases when races are similar to expectation.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
May 11th, 2021 at 6:43:43 AM permalink
My wife recently found an uncle that no one in the family knew about. It turns out her Grandparents gave their first baby up for adoption when they were teenagers.
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 182
May 11th, 2021 at 8:46:28 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

My wife recently found an uncle that no one in the family knew about. It turns out her Grandparents gave their first baby up for adoption when they were teenagers.

I can't imagine most of these circumstances turn out all that well.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
May 11th, 2021 at 9:31:34 AM permalink
All the ads on TV for this ancestry crap have really happy endings. Why, you'll find out granddaddy what's a civil rights hero and great granddaddy was the only barber for 50 miles in any direction. For every great ending there's one that ain't so great.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: