Thread Rating:

Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
April 19th, 2021 at 6:33:37 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've only been in New South Wales and saw VB everywhere. I can't think of any other brand to have nearly it's level of dominance. Of course, that doesn't mean it's good, but I still liked it.

Yeah, that could be true. Iím not from that part of Australia, nor much of a beer drinker. I have traveled fleetingly to most parts of Australia years ago, and Iím just recalling my experiences from then. The other brands from those parts are Tooheys and Carlton. XXXX is a Queensland beer and Emu - Western Australia.
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
Wellbush
Wellbush
April 19th, 2021 at 6:48:00 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

More Vicoria Bitter is sold in Australia, by volume, than any other.

The one brand we know of here in the USA, Fosters, is not particularly popular down under.

Iím not a beer connoisseur but Fosters could be an interesting brand to look at. Iím pretty sure it got quite popular and profitable in foreign markets (that may just be the US?), and the company may have even been bought out by a foreign owner?
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 262
April 19th, 2021 at 6:56:36 PM permalink
The last two pages of posters should be suspended for hijacked thread.

Suspension list discussion of Vegemite.

Wizard should take a day at least.

:)
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
April 19th, 2021 at 7:12:08 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've only been in New South Wales and saw VB everywhere. I can't think of any other brand to have nearly it's level of dominance. Of course, that doesn't mean it's good, but I still liked it.

I have also only been to NSW. Both of my trips were business and we were really only in Sydney.

I drank many VB's, probably too many, but I really don't remember it being good or bad. Just another beer.
Order from chaos
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 329
April 19th, 2021 at 9:21:57 PM permalink
Just wondering: As a "people," who drinks more beer: Aussies or Kiwis?
"What, me worry?"
Wellbush
Wellbush
April 19th, 2021 at 11:34:43 PM permalink

I think they both drink s;&t loads
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1399
April 20th, 2021 at 6:02:03 AM permalink

Aussies. They are 17th in consumption per capita. Kiwis are 27th. Us Yanks are 20th.

Source: List of countries by beer consumption per capita.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 50
Thanks for this post from:
Joeman
April 20th, 2021 at 10:22:59 AM permalink
I just split off this thread hijack from the 'discussions about the suspensions list'. It was a harem scarem moment, since that thread is so big and broken.

Rebuke to all the above posters ( except one) in this hijack, including wizard and oncedear
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
Joeman
Joeman 
  • Threads: 35
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
April 20th, 2021 at 11:26:03 AM permalink
I always lumped Fosters in with Outback Steakhouse inasmuch as in the US, at least, they both seemed to spring up from the fascination with Australia brought about by the movie Crocodile Dundee in the 80's. I always figured that both were about as "Australian" as I am.

Granted, Fosters did originate in Australia, but I doubt that any of the Fosters I have drunk in my lifetime were brewed there. I read that in the 2000's, Fosters was indeed imported... from Canada!

By the way, I stopped drinking Fosters when they downsized their "oil cans" from 32 oz to 24 oz. Hey, Fosters, did you think we wouldn't notice?
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
April 20th, 2021 at 1:18:08 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

By the way, I stopped drinking Fosters when they downsized their "oil cans" from 32 oz to 24 oz. Hey, Fosters, did you think we wouldn't notice?

That was a good thing. Drink less bad beer.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: