No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (100%)

1 member has voted

USpapergames
USpapergames
  • Threads: 18
January 25th, 2021 at 10:18:13 PM permalink
What feelings or emotions do you get from this expression (x²y!)/(xy-x+1)? Imagine playing with it, like a game which I'm planning on using it as an equation for a game algorithm.
Math is the only true form of knowledge
USpapergames
USpapergames
January 26th, 2021 at 12:18:20 PM permalink
So I completely understand if this is hard to understand, since I've spent my entire life trying to explain it to people & not even people with other types of synesthesia can't understand it :(

So I will do my best as much as I can. I'll try to keep using different examples if it helps also. But if we're going to close this gap in understanding what I'm feeling, I'm probably going to need to understand what people are struggling to make sense of. I might have to understand you for you to understand me :(
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
January 26th, 2021 at 12:28:47 PM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

What feelings or emotions do you get from this expression (x²y!)/(xy-x+1)? Imagine playing with it, like a game which I'm planning on using it as an equation for a game algorithm.

No emotional reaction. Though I get very deep emotional reaction contemplating how something sprang from nothing. Though most other people I know that love to pick at puzzles and science seem to shy away from contemplating that hard problem for reasons that I dont follow.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 125
January 26th, 2021 at 12:30:09 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

No emotional reaction. Though I get very deep emotional reaction contemplating how something sprang from nothing. Though most other people I know that love to pick at puzzles and science seem to shy away from contemplating that hard problem for reasons that I dont follow.

Because it's not solvable.
Vultures can't be choosers.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
January 26th, 2021 at 12:35:25 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I dont think thats true. Though if someone believes that I can see the rationale for letting it go. Though that rationale doesnt stop lots of other energy spent on similar things like religion or Heisenberg uncertainty testing.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Mission146
Mission146
January 26th, 2021 at 12:37:29 PM permalink

I dont think thats true. Though if someone believes that I can see the rationale for letting it go. Though that rationale doesnt stop lots of other energy spent on similar things like religion or Heisenberg uncertainty testing.

Let me rephrase: If it is solvable at all, then I recognize myself as being unequal to the task of solving it.
USpapergames
USpapergames
January 26th, 2021 at 1:09:34 PM permalink

There are so many things that you could be referring to. Please give me some more hints, are we talking about the big bang, the existence of life, ideas & thoughts?
USpapergames
USpapergames
January 26th, 2021 at 1:11:10 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

You obviously know more about what UnJon is referring to, please enlighten.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanks for this post from:
DRichCalder
January 26th, 2021 at 1:12:59 PM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

You obviously know more about what UnJon is referring to, please enlighten.

I wouldn't dare to attempt to enlighten you as to anything. Your posts have made very clear to me that I would only be intellectually beaten and humbled were I to even try.
USpapergames
USpapergames
January 26th, 2021 at 1:29:37 PM permalink
Ok, so I'm giving 2 examples of how to imagine using the math expression. To start likes make y ≤ x, that way we can always identify x & y given any 2 values. Now let's make x & y = the absolute value of any whole number. The reason we are sticking with whole numbers is because in games we only use whole numbers (so goodbye half the math symbols) & there are games that use negative numbers but for this example, it's easier if we choose to remove them from possible values.

1st example, imagine you have a ball that behaves similarly to the expression in that we will turn the expression into an equation of force. So you would line up your vertical axes as a constant & let x = the horizontal length of your throw & let y = the height of the parabola trajectory. So imagine that given the values for the trajectory of the length & height of the ball when thrown would equal the amount of force the ball had at the end of its trajectory. Is that a fun ball???

Here is another example that is far easier to explain since this example is how I actually plan on using the expression. So turn the expression into an equation for a game value based on dice rolls. Imagine having outcomes 1-6 from dice as a game outcome, would that be fun? Seriously I could give examples for days but it takes a lot of work to explain them correctly.

• Jump to: