• Threads: 31
Thanked by
rsactuary
November 2nd, 2020 at 6:09:08 AM permalink
Tomorrow is U.S. national election day. Would just simply reminding everyone to vote consider a political discussion?
And no, this is not a trick question.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 2nd, 2020 at 6:35:26 AM permalink
never think one vote doesn't matter for 2 reasons

*if everyone who would vote the same as you thinks like that too, then guess what can happen?

*your single vote may not possibly matter in your state for the nationals contest, say like voting for Trump in Massachusetts presumably, however your *local contests* can be decided by amounts like 50 votes or, not impossibly, even one vote, and those votes are needed
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 2nd, 2020 at 6:52:06 AM permalink
It's ridiculous that some states have been voting for three weeks and others try to do it all in one day. For national elections, there should be some sort of standard policy.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
November 2nd, 2020 at 7:29:16 AM permalink
I'm going to have to close this thread, per forum rules against making political statements. I see this running off the rails quickly.

I invite all to say whatever they wish about the election at DT. There are already 282 pages about the election at the thread I just linked to and that is just one thread.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: