Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 172
  • Posts: 9616
June 18th, 2020 at 10:44:03 AM permalink
There seems to have been a rather extensive exodus of people who actually gamble from these boards. Both the quality and quantity of posts seem well off when I joined a few years back. I think some of it is the very strange moderation, but the owners have decided people here aren't capable of adult conversations.
I look at a photo from the first time I met most board members when Max Pen invited us all out for dinner after a big score, three years ago. I can't even say what the event was for or somebody will drop a dime, crying they feel triggered. There were 23 people there that night, almost all of whom were regulars. All that remain are Axel, Drich, and Mr. Wizard and its pretty obvious he doesn't want to be here.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1337
  • Posts: 22057
June 18th, 2020 at 11:31:55 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

What happened when men became
feminized and started to talk to their
wives about their feelings like wives
were demanding. The divorce rate
went thru the roof. I never tell my
wife anything she doesn't need to
know. It's not worth the hassle.



I sometimes ask women what fictional male characters do they find attractive. It's always the strong powerful and silent type, like Tony Soprano, Big (from Sex and the City), and Don Draper (from Mad Men). Never once is it anyone from the Big Bang Theory *ahem*.

If there's one thing I believe about women -- what they say they women (in general) want in men is the opposite of what they really want.

Too bad there's so few women here, I would welcome their perspective.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1337
  • Posts: 22057
June 18th, 2020 at 11:33:44 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

All that remain are Axel, Drich, and Mr. Wizard and its pretty obvious he doesn't want to be here.



Why would would you say that? Probably best if you PM your reply.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 172
  • Posts: 9616
June 18th, 2020 at 11:52:29 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Why would would you say that? Probably best if you PM your reply.




Why bother? Last month you said if anyone was bothered by a particular item, to let you know. When several people did so, you said there was a poll and we should vote. When the vote went against it, you said the whole thing was meant to have been a joke.
I won't even bother going over our last series of PMs. I still don't get how being called a hypocrite isn't an insult, but calling a group of people prigs is suspension worthy, but its your bat and your ball.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 424
  • Posts: 24199
June 18th, 2020 at 4:30:00 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard


If there's one thing I believe about women -- what they say they women (in general) want in men is the opposite of what they really want.



Years (decades) ago a famous author,
I don't remember who, said the best
women are to be found in books of
fiction written by men. Because these
women are pure fantasy, they don't
exist in nature.

I had a woman friend tell me about 30
years ago that when a woman asks
how your day went, they're just being
nice, they could really not care less.
But when they tell you how their day
went, she said, you damn well better
hang on every word because there will
be a test later. She told me if men knew
how selfish and self centered most
women are they would never go near
them.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2302
June 18th, 2020 at 5:48:23 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob



I had a woman friend tell me about 30
years ago that when a woman asks
how your day went, they're just being
nice, they could really not care less.
But when they tell you how their day
went, she said, you damn well better
hang on every word because there will
be a test later. She told me if men knew
how selfish and self centered most
women are they would never go near
them.



Minus the test part you can just replace the woman word with human being. Selfish and self centered by nature.
darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 235
  • Posts: 7148
June 18th, 2020 at 5:59:03 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Years (decades) ago a famous author,
I don't remember who, said the best
women are to be found in books of
fiction written by men. Because these
women are pure fantasy, they don't
exist in nature.

I had a woman friend tell me about 30
years ago that when a woman asks
how your day went, they're just being
nice, they could really not care less.
But when they tell you how their day
went, she said, you damn well better
hang on every word because there will
be a test later. She told me if men knew
how selfish and self centered most
women are they would never go near
them.



All the men here discussing how women really are... Inside a thread wondering where is BBB.

What does that say about the men on here?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 12840
June 18th, 2020 at 5:59:22 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Minus the test part you can just replace the woman word with human being. Selfish and self centered by nature.



Is the fact that this thread exists specifically to discuss the whereabouts of one of our female acquaintances ironic, or just sad?
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 12840
June 18th, 2020 at 6:00:02 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

All the men here discussing how women really are... Inside a thread wondering where is BBB.

What does that say about the men on here?



Great minds, I guess.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 12840
June 18th, 2020 at 6:19:12 PM permalink
I think men who tend to have positive experiences with women tend not to have preconceived notions. I think men without preconceived notions tend to have positive experiences with women.

In any case, it ends up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Vultures can't be choosers.

  • Jump to: