3 members have voted

TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
November 6th, 2019 at 7:49:44 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

We she inhaled loudly, wrinkled her nose and exclaimed to herself: “Smells like bologna. Must be a white boy.” I had never heard that stereotype before.

She probably saw a white person coming and just decided to say that to be an a**hole.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 6th, 2019 at 1:28:16 PM permalink
Is the poll question "What are the odds that someone who makes a death threat will actually attempt to kill someone?", or is it "What are the odds that someone who receives a death threat will actually be murdered?"

Unfortunately, many mass shooters posted manifestos and social media rants before doing the deed. While the incidence of actual attempts is low compared to the volume of threats, the impact of the actual attempts is very high. Think about it like the incidence of crashes/deaths per/ miles driven in the USA each day. While the number of events is low per mile, the potential loss per incident is high enough to warrant mandating safety features and their use for everyone.

I don't believe threatening to kill someone is acceptable "venting". I've seen more than a handful of instances where hot heads in poker rooms took their conflicts to the parking lot. Most of the time security intervened, but one time the combatants came back through the front door. It's sad. There is a line between competitiveness and civility, it is unfortunate that ego gets in the way of both.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

• Jump to: