Thread Rating:

MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 51
August 24th, 2021 at 11:03:59 PM permalink
Okay, I put the Bellagio Conservatory in the top spot.

At least for now, I removed the Big Elvis show rather than the Fashion Show. I think it's a curiosityŚmost people have never been able to see a fashion show. And it's free.

Since the list was getting unwieldy, I split the top ten list onto its own page.
LoquaciousMoFW
LoquaciousMoFW
  • Threads: 0
Thanks for this post from:
MichaelBluejay
August 25th, 2021 at 1:03:17 AM permalink
Just FYI, I think your description of the FSE light show is out of date; it has been upgraded since 2004 (like within the last 3 years or so ) and now boasts not 12.2 million lights but 49.3 million lights (although only 16.4 million pixels [49.3 / 3]. Details here: https://vegasexperience.com/downtown-insider/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-viva-vision-canopy-upgrade/
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 25th, 2021 at 2:07:49 AM permalink
Whoops, I'd been meaning to update that and kept forgetting. Thanks for the reminder. I just updated and reworded the whole thing from scratch. I also changed the picture, which had been there for nearly 20 years, predating even the 2004 upgrade.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 248
MichaelBluejayFinsRule
August 25th, 2021 at 5:50:03 AM permalink
It's kind of obvious, but what about an entry for "Strip Architecture" in the top 10 ?

The Pyramid, the Castle, and the NYNY skyline are with-in about 1/2 mile of each other. Another mile further up the Strip and you have the Eiffel tower.
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 25th, 2021 at 5:57:25 AM permalink
That's a good idea. I'd ask which one you want me to drop, but I know you'd say the Fashion Show.

I could list 11 things even though it's a Top Ten list, giving readers a bonus. Or I could have Top Ten things on the Strip, and Top Ten things downtown. Hmm...

BTW, I was able to find the pic I took of the conservatory over a decade ago, to grace the page. I actually liked it better than any of the stock photos I found.

I did write to a photographer whose pic of the glass ceiling I liked, inquiring about licensing it. If that's a no-go then I have a backup photo I plan to buy.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
August 25th, 2021 at 6:33:14 AM permalink
I think it is hard to get a good picture of the Bellagio Lobby Glass Ceiling display because of the lighting and perspective.

Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 25th, 2021 at 6:40:02 AM permalink
I think i saw that one, but it's not nearly as good as some others. Too dark.

I hope that's a public domain photo (i.e., that you're not violating copyright).
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
August 25th, 2021 at 6:47:25 AM permalink
MBJ:

That is a photo I took, so I think I am OK copywrite-wise ! I agree that it is not a great picture.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 35
MichaelBluejay
August 25th, 2021 at 7:24:54 AM permalink
MBJ, I just wanted to say that your Easy Vegas site is an awesome Vegas resource! I wish there was something like this back in the 90's when I first started going to Vegas.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 25th, 2021 at 7:49:48 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

That is a photo I took, so I think I am OK copywrite-wise ! I agree that it is not a great picture.

Whoops, now that I'm embarrassed that I dissed it. Sorry. It's certainly not bad, but there are better. Kind of like how Pete Best wasn't a bad drummer, Ringo was just "magic", as Paul McCartney put it. Here's the one I'd like to use.

Quote: Joeman

MBJ, I just wanted to say that your Easy Vegas site is an awesome Vegas resource! I wish there was something like this back in the 90's when I first started going to Vegas.

Thanks so much! My goal is to make a truly useful resource, packed with stuff you can't get anywhere else.

• Jump to: