heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
August 15th, 2019 at 6:55:58 PM permalink
Playing 1/2 Holdem when i notice the dealer struggling to handle a single card. i could tell he wasnt new either. i made a comment about how thin they were and he went off about how much they sucked. When it was Sands, they had very nice thick cards that you could tell were of quality. Now they have these thin almost paper thin crap. I never thought about marking cards or the possibility of someone marking until now... which is probably naive to begin with.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
heatmap
August 15th, 2019 at 8:05:27 PM permalink
When will management learn? Perhaps when auditors say we were hit? DEALERS buy cards not bean-counters, not purchasing agents. Edging? Its only possible if you buy cheap cards. Poker room dealers know their cards, management never listens. players complain cheaters salivate and floormen get overworked settling disputes.
Players vote with their feet, tokes and rakes suffer.....all for a penny a card.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
August 15th, 2019 at 8:59:41 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

When will management learn? Perhaps when auditors say we were hit? DEALERS buy cards not bean-counters, not purchasing agents. Edging? Its only possible if you buy cheap cards. Poker room dealers know their cards, management never listens. players complain cheaters salivate and floormen get overworked settling disputes.
Players vote with their feet, tokes and rakes suffer.....all for a penny a card.

edge sorting is so new to me it never crossed my mind. although i know a bit about it as i have skimmed over the phil ivey case. I do know of a shuffler that specifically detects what they call "asymmetries" within the cards (aka how an edge sorter works) and its called the shark trap
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
heatmap
August 15th, 2019 at 9:59:23 PM permalink
such machines are not the first line of defense. An alert and calm dealer is. Turn him into an annoyed frustrated and tired dealer and that penny a card gets expensive.
  • Jump to: