August 12th, 2019 at 8:43:07 PM permalink
Not even strip poker?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
August 12th, 2019 at 8:46:30 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It was locker room talk. What straight males discuss and how they talk about liking sex with women.

That's totally different than announcing
you like to have sex with women. You
never hear it because it's none of anybodies
business. Or interest, for that matter.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 211
August 12th, 2019 at 8:47:00 PM permalink
So far Romes and PG have been angered into banning by the divisive and insulting comments that started this thread.

Something tells me more are to come. The Wizard must too since he kind of invited those wishing the banhammer to come out.

A topic designed to divide and bring out the worst in forum members while hiding behind thin lines of skating above the rules.

What do we call that on internet forums?

I hesitate to say the word. Rhymes with stole.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
August 12th, 2019 at 8:54:39 PM permalink

Something tells me more are to come. The Wizard must too since he kind of invited those wishing

He also suggested starting this thread,
go and look for yourself. I would never
start a thread like this here without
permission. Except for the post I
copied from another thread to start
with, nothing said here has been
offensive. Don't you get it? Just
talking about it is now considered
offensive, that's how far off course
we've gotten. It's all about safe spaces
now, and thinking 25% is the number
when in reality it's under 5%.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 211
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
August 12th, 2019 at 9:11:14 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

He also suggested starting this thread,
go and look for yourself. I would never
start a thread like this here without
permission. Except for the post I
copied from another thread to start
with, nothing said here has been
offensive. Don't you get it? Just
talking about it is now considered
offensive, that's how far off course
we've gotten. It's all about safe spaces
now, and thinking 25% is the number
when in reality it's under 5%.

No your whole first post was offensive

You agree emphatically in that post with maxpen that gays are degenerative ("winner winner chicken dinner" and you explicitly state he is correct next paragraph)

You state lefties "love them some gays" which besides being atrociously insulting in many ways also implies that as a rightie you do NOT love gays. Thats pretty obvious.

So why does a guy who states emphatically that he doesnt like gays, agrees they are degenerative, actively tells them to shut up about their sexuality (i guess no free speech for them)...

Why does a guy like that start a "gay thread"?

Once again, to be divisive and insulting to trigger anger amongst the other forum members while hiding behind his thin wall of skating above the rules.

Again we have a name for people that do that.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
August 12th, 2019 at 9:15:02 PM permalink

Quote: petroglyph

It's to bad that peoples thoughts are so programmed that there can't be a topic like Bob started here. I think this thread has the potential to illuminate and educate.

Ams blocked the thread right away or so he says, that is sad because I think he may have had the experience and certainly the intelligence to discuss this topic in an adult and possibly civil manner.

My take on more than 80% of AMS posts is that they all include a slightly disguised insult, and he has been given time out occasionally for it, but also I've witnessed Babs instant defense of anything remotely insulting to AMS. It's possible he has her on speed PM? Whatever, they're handling that. But then I notice Once dear leaps in and warns and threatens against straying to close the insult line. Is everyone that pitifully sensitive? Is that what your work of love and respect for free speech has come to?

I've had gay friends longer than twice the time AMS has been alive. A friend of ours who is a Dyke just left after staying with us for two weeks, [she is also an excellent cook].

I remember years ago some mayor of San Francisco retorted when someone remarked that SF was known for having many homosexuals that live there, he said "yes we do have many gay people" but we also have a lot of other things of interest.

I'm sorry to see you shut down this thread, for whatever reason you feel the need, [if you do]. I don't see it as prejudice or racist, maybe others have to? IDK, but if members here don't give this a chance to be discussed openly and maturely, that is as homophobic as anything I can think of, when we are afraid to even say the word. It must not appear to you Wizard, that there has been a direct insult, or you would have dealt with it, as would OD, or whoever's on duty. I think by not giving it a chance, you are reducing LBG's to that being the entirety of their existence. We all are, more than our sexuality.

We have moderators standing at the ready to do what they feel is necessary, extra warnings have already been given. What is everyone afraid of?

<snipped>

Quote:

The problem is this thread was started from a comment that gays are degenerative to the human race.

You cant start an illuminating and constructive conversation that is insult free with such a comment.

I tried a few years back to get the mods to allow some points for intent.

I have referred to myself as a degenerative gambler several times, as have a few others. I am a craps player, the threads about craps are what brought me here. But they were killed way back. But craps is a perfect game for degenerative gamblers, no insult intended.

Quote:

1) homosexuals can have children. I know quite a few that engaged in straight sex for that purpose, both male and female. Its a choice to do so that nothing prohibits them from making.

My daughters best friend for 30 years has two, she has vascillated back and forth. Sat at our dining table for years.

Quote:

2) by that definition I am certain that every straight male on this forum has had degenerative sex.

At least tried. : )

I don't think a persons sexual proclivity's is what determines whether or not they are LBG? What happens when couples just basically get to old or feeble to engage in the sex act? Are they still be gay?

What is it then, that determines a person is gay? Is it the way they have sex, or the way they think?

No offense intended. Maybe we can't talk about it, idk? But I can't imagine what good that does, to wrap up the whole topic and stuff it under a rug.

No offense intended.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 12th, 2019 at 9:27:59 PM permalink

No your whole first post was offensive

You agree emphatically in that post with maxpen that gays are degenerative ("winner winner chicken dinner" and you explicitly state he is correct next paragraph)

You state lefties "love them some gays" which besides being atrociously insulting in many ways also implies that as a rightie you do NOT love gays. Thats pretty obvious.

So why does a guy who states emphatically that he doesnt like gays, agrees they are degenerative, actively tells them to shut up about their sexuality (i guess no free speech for them)...

Why does a guy like that start a "gay thread"?

Once again, to be divisive and insulting to trigger anger amongst the other forum members while hiding behind his thin wall of skating above the rules.

Again we have a name for people that do that.

And you drug the potus to this thread. Stop it.

I don't believe Bob said he doesn't like people because they are gay.

Is there something you can add to the OT? Or does this have to be another political thread and a take shots at Bob opportunity.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
Thanks for this post from:
AussieOnceDearHullabaloo
August 12th, 2019 at 9:40:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Personal insult. I'll put you in the same cell as Romes. Anyone else care to join them?

Yes.

Me.

I'm done with the hate-trolling on here. The toe-touching the line of ugliness but not over it by a technicality. I agree with redietz. In this thread, Max and EB are playing a nasty hate-speech game about gays. AZD is piling on with his usual misinformed social garbage. It's like pond scum from the disgusting political threads is dragged into every other waterway by the same slimy fouled boats.

Gays are never going to sleep with any of you, so what do you care who they do sleep with? You can't stand people being happy to NOT be nailed to fences, NOT be dragged behind pickup trucks, NOT be immolated by sick bigots any more? You can't stand people in love holding hands, hugging, or kissing? You can't stand people. That's the real issue. People with all their differences, their quirks and flaws, their joy in life.

Thought this board took a stand against hate speech last year. Guess it didn't take. Don't know why we have to look at a confederate flag every time AZD posts. Might as well be 1488 - he makes that obvious.

Not sure why RS wanted leniency for MaxPen. Fooled me - I thought Max had more character than this, but the garbage he posted that included the comment in this OP on his return shows he didn't deserve to come back early. Fool me.once...shame on you. Fool me twice...won't get fooled again. GWB had something there.

Put me in red if you want, or not. I'm happy to be cell-mate with these two.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 12th, 2019 at 9:45:52 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

That's totally different than announcing
you like to have sex with women. You
never hear it because it's none of anybodies
business. Or interest, for that matter.

In high school guys used to brag and talk it up. When they became adults it is understood that most everyone has engaged in sex. Later it's like Az. said, most men or older ones don't usually continually talk about sex unless they have other issues.

I claim to be mostly apolitical, but that locker room talk about T's crotch grabbing has gotten way to much attention. It was a private conversation.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 12th, 2019 at 9:49:05 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yes.

Me. <snipped>

Or, like I told my boss. Fire everyone and then quit.

• Jump to: