Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 219
August 12th, 2019 at 5:09:05 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I respectfully suggest either a hard limit on the number of political threads, or in the alternative, to create a politics sub-forum that doesn’t appear on the Recent Threads list.

Or just be allowed to block entire topics? That would allow a more customizable experience. I'm not a programmer but seems similar effort.

Just spitballing.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
August 12th, 2019 at 5:11:00 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Sentence on Romes will be announced shortly.

Meanwhile, forum management is discussing a change in rules to get back to a focus on Vegas and gambling.

Yes, because Rome's is the problem here.
It's the second anniversary of Charlottesville, when many fine people marched thru the streets chanting Jews shall not replace us".
Seems like more than a few of them have migrated here.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 12th, 2019 at 5:26:16 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I respectfully suggest either a hard limit on the number of political threads, or in the alternative, to create a politics sub-forum that doesn’t appear on the Recent Threads list.

Both great ideas
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
PokerGrinder
August 12th, 2019 at 5:34:37 PM permalink

Meanwhile, forum management is discussing a change in rules to get back to a focus on Vegas and gambling.

this is much needed. a lot of us have stepped away quite a bit lately. I dont bring a lot of substance but I like to read it.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 263
PokerGrinder
August 12th, 2019 at 5:43:58 PM permalink

I'm not the religious type but let me say "Haaleuha" (or however its spelled).
Boz
Boz 
  • Threads: 153
August 12th, 2019 at 5:45:47 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Yes, because Rome's is the problem here.
It's the second anniversary of Charlottesville, when many fine people marched thru the streets chanting Jews shall not replace us".
Seems like more than a few of them have migrated here.

I would be shocked if we have a member here who hates Jews. Unless of course that person leans left or is a Congress person like Omar.

But whatever fits your agenda Bill. Take a statement that was truth and change it to make it seem Conservatives support Nazis. Embarrassing to both you and your “cause”.
Last edited by: Boz on Aug 12, 2019
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 176
Forager
August 12th, 2019 at 5:57:00 PM permalink
... Nah, never mind.
NO KILL I
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 13
MaxPen
August 12th, 2019 at 6:17:02 PM permalink
One of the highest American values is that of personal freedom. We are allowed to do what and be left alone and we want and we extend that to others. The only people we see disagreeing with that are the militant progressives, who think we should give our freedoms in order to conform to their beliefs. Other than those radicals, people who don't follow that value with the gays are almost always the ones who are far too ashamed of their own history of having gay sex. Instead of taking personal responsibility for their own deviant sexual behaviors, they blame the people who were willing to satisfy them.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
MaxPenSOOPOO
August 12th, 2019 at 7:01:40 PM permalink

It's to bad that peoples thoughts are so programmed that there can't be a topic like Bob started here. I think this thread has the potential to illuminate and educate.

Ams blocked the thread right away or so he says, that is sad because I think he may have had the experience and certainly the intelligence to discuss this topic in an adult and possibly civil manner.

My take on more than 80% of AMS posts is that they all include a slightly disguised insult, and he has been given time out occasionally for it, but also I've witnessed Babs instant defense of anything remotely insulting to AMS. It's possible he has her on speed PM? Whatever, they're handling that. But then I notice Once dear leaps in and warns and threatens against straying to close the insult line. Is everyone that pitifully sensitive? Is that what your work of love and respect for free speech has come to?

I've had gay friends longer than twice the time AMS has been alive. A friend of ours who is a Dyke just left after staying with us for two weeks, [she is also an excellent cook].

I remember years ago some mayor of San Francisco retorted when someone remarked that SF was known for having many homosexuals that live there, he said "yes we do have many gay people" but we also have a lot of other things of interest.

I'm sorry to see you shut down this thread, for whatever reason you feel the need, [if you do]. I don't see it as prejudice or racist, maybe others have to? IDK, but if members here don't give this a chance to be discussed openly and maturely, that is as homophobic as anything I can think of, when we are afraid to even say the word. It must not appear to you Wizard, that there has been a direct insult, or you would have dealt with it, as would OD, or whoever's on duty. I think by not giving it a chance, you are reducing LBG's to that being the entirety of their existence. We all are, more than our sexuality.

We have moderators standing at the ready to do what they feel is necessary, extra warnings have already been given. What is everyone afraid of?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
August 12th, 2019 at 7:14:12 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Then they report "up to 10% of the population is gay." This fits the gay agenda to make it seem more "normal" as at 1-2% many people will not know a gay but at 10% most people will.

Other people we need to worry about as they are less than 1-2% of the population and abnormal.

Supermodels
Playmate model body types
Geniuses
Artistic and musical prodigies
Olympic capable gold medalists with an overabundance of fast twitch or slow twitch muscle fibers
Guys over 6-8 making millions with an inflatable ball.

etc.,

Like when left handers were punished, there's always some stupid idea out there to punish people who are at most annoying to you rather than actually dangerous.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: