Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
Thanks for this post from:
EvenBobbobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 12:55:27 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

There is a difference between wanting your party in power to support your beliefs vs wanting anyone in your party to be president no matter how bad he is

Sounds like Hillary?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 15
beachbumbabsMintyunJon
April 11th, 2019 at 12:55:58 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

He just spent seven years in a box. Time served.

And where's the cat?

The cat is also in a sealed box, along with a flask of poison and a source of radiation.

From what I've read the cat is both dead and alive.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
April 11th, 2019 at 12:58:28 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

So a murderer on the run who eludes punishment by hiding at their girlfriends house did time served for living in a box

Stay on topic. Let's not bring up the visits and vegan lunches from Pamela Anderson.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
April 11th, 2019 at 1:00:29 PM permalink

Policing the world is not a "no foreign entanglements" issue.

I am not sure what your point is on this, though I do know that George Washington warned against foreign entanglements. In this specific case, some are concerned about arresting Assange being an attack on freedom of speech. That concern would be justified if he was being arrested for speech...but he was arrested for stealing from the government files. One is not free to do that.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
April 11th, 2019 at 1:00:57 PM permalink

Stay on topic. Let's not bring up the visits and vegan lunches from Pamela Anderson.

I heard that they have videos...
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
April 11th, 2019 at 1:01:06 PM permalink
Quote: Hullabaloo

The cat is also in a sealed box, along with a flask of poison and a source of radiation.

From what I've read the cat is both dead and alive.

Omg, what is this? Please post warnings for me before bad cat jokes. Thanks.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
April 11th, 2019 at 1:29:07 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Thatís Bradley Manning you are talking about, not Chelsea.

Is that not her new name? I know this is an issue for you, but I address people by how they ask to be addressed. If I don't have to sleep with that person or be that person myself, I couldn't care less what's under anybody's clothing.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 11th, 2019 at 1:42:30 PM permalink
Wtf are you talking about a cat for? Unless itís a Schrödingerís cat reference; I just didnít imagine yíall that smart. :)
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
April 11th, 2019 at 1:44:58 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Wtf are you talking about a cat for? Unless itís a Schrödingerís cat reference; I just didnít imagine yíall that smart. :)

I, for one, got the Schrödingerís joke immediately. What was your excuse? (Insert fake smiley face here in return).
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 174
petroglyph
April 11th, 2019 at 2:11:47 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The issue, as I understand the actual charge, is that Assange actively helped Chelsea Manning hack the govt computer in order to get the documents he then published. I think it's correct that that is illegal, and apparently they have some evidence that shows Assange took a part-password from Manning and either he himself broke it or got a black hat to crack the rest.

Otoh, that may be a pretext just to get him over here, and lots more may be ready to rain down. I guess we'll see. But reportedly they've avoided any taint of 1st Amendment issues in the actual indictment.

if youve ever read bradleys manifesto, he had access to all of the documents and had access to TROVES of it. he was a data analyst who would review missions and come up with gameplans or strategies for future battles. He simply wasnt supposed to take it home, which he did, and was apparently protocol to keep copies of the data so it was simply lying around because he had so much of it apparently. Julian assange was a reporter in my opinion.

• Jump to: