Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 93
January 30th, 2019 at 9:07:11 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

No! This thread was supposed to be a venue for you to show how the odds in the Florida lottery are calculated. Not just throw out a link about it. Unless I see some serious discussion about the mathematics of the Florida Lottery, I will be closing this thread. Either way, you should be putting your lottery picks in your corner or another site.

I hold deletion in abeyance, deferring to the Wizard statement above.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
January 30th, 2019 at 9:29:56 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I hold deletion in abeyance, deferring to the Wizard statement above.

She said earlier that the lottery is a better bet than roullette because winning 1.6 billion is better than winning $35

This is the forum member in charge of a thread discussing lottery odds ?
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 7
January 30th, 2019 at 9:37:33 AM permalink
So is this like Nathanís second corner? Is she going to have a square soon?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 19
January 30th, 2019 at 9:38:57 AM permalink
Nathan should have a triangle, triangles are the best shape.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 259
January 30th, 2019 at 10:04:03 AM permalink
well, i'm lost.

ran into a young girl at the grocery store happily feeding lotto vending machine with her free ticket winnings.

same five dollars she was ecstatic.
Nathan
Nathan 
  • Threads: 65
January 30th, 2019 at 11:39:59 AM permalink
Cash For Life has a 1 in 8 odds of winning. That doesn't seem bad at all until you realize that you are most likely only going to win about $1 extra 95 percent of the time.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 93
Thanks for this post from:
FTB
January 30th, 2019 at 11:52:34 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Cash For Life has a 1 in 8 odds of winning. That doesn't seem bad at all until you realize that you are most likely only going to win about $1 extra 95 percent of the time.

Sorry, I can't take it - i was going to stay quiet, but no. This thread needs to be deleted, please. It explicitly violates the nathan agreement. Wizard warned, and this is what he got back for "math". We need an eviction here, in nathan-speak, since there are many other lottery apartments for rent.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 43
January 30th, 2019 at 11:55:01 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Sorry, I can't take it - i was going to stay quiet, but no. This thread needs to be deleted, please. It explicitly violates the nathan agreement. Wizard warned, and this is what he got back for "math". We need an eviction here, in nathan-speak, since there are many other lottery apartments for rent.

I'd locked the thread moments ago, deliberately not posting, because I didn't want to bump it.
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1164
January 30th, 2019 at 1:29:49 PM permalink
I concur with locking this thread. It is a shame because there were some decent posts. If anybody has anything of value to say about any lottery, except Nathan, then you may start a new thread for it. For example, there was a very good piece on 60 Minutes last week about a retired math teacher who made millions on the Michigan and Massachusetts lotteries in a "roll down" game. Now that would make for a good topic, but I'll let somebody else start it.

I do oppose deleting this thread.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1164
January 31st, 2019 at 12:10:32 PM permalink
All right, I reopened this thread after re-titling it "Lottery Discussion." This should be a venue to discuss advantage plays in the lottery and general lottery rules and mathematics. It is absolutely prohibited to post lottery picks here and will be punishable with a suspension. I have a feeling this thread will fly off the rails again, in which case my finger is on "close" button and ready to click on it.

As I mentioned before, here is a good lottery story that was on 60 Minutes last Sunday, A retired couple explain exactly how they used math skills and a lottery loophole to win $26 million in 9 years.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: