billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 6th, 2018 at 9:12:35 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

IMHO, something trivial you did as a rebellious teenager shouldn't keep you from being granted access to the U.S as an adult. IMHO, as an adult, admitting you smoked pot as a rebellious teenager is in the same vein as,"I stole a bag of chips from Chevron when I was 15." See trivial.

If shoplifting at 15 is trivial, what is it at 21? 25? Shoplifting is a gateway crime. I strongly suspect most murderers, and career criminals were shoplifters as kids. Today's shoplifters are tomorrow's carjackers.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
hursedog
hursedog
  • Threads: 1
November 6th, 2018 at 10:33:59 AM permalink
And Diet Coke is a gateway drink that will lead to alcoholism.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
November 6th, 2018 at 12:39:17 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If shoplifting at 15 is trivial, what is it at 21? 25? Shoplifting is a gateway crime. I strongly suspect most murderers, and career criminals were shoplifters as kids. Today's shoplifters are tomorrow's carjackers.

Stealing a single bag of chips from Chevron as a 15 year old is trivial. I stole a candy bar as a child. I wouldn't do it today as an adult.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
November 6th, 2018 at 1:53:09 PM permalink

WE have a government currently run by morons and you think their policies are stupid?

Why wouldn't we, we have a country full of morons. We are represented by our peers.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 6th, 2018 at 2:08:46 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Why wouldn't we, we have a country full of morons. We are represented by our peers.

At this point, I am hoping 2016 was a momentary brain fart and that people of good will will recognize it for what it was.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
November 6th, 2018 at 2:38:01 PM permalink

Am I the last honest person? I certainly hope not.
I am amazed how easily people choose to tell little white lies when the truth is just as easy. Suggesting someone lie to a Federal Officer is disrespectful to our country and our way of life. A lock can stop a thief. Stopping a lie is harder.

Quote: Dr. King

One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.

The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
November 6th, 2018 at 2:43:09 PM permalink
IIRC, even Kant, who was pretty uptight, conceded that it might be OK to lie when someone puts you on the spot and is asking about something they do not have a right to know.

Basically, they are the ones in the wrong for creating the situation. Sort of like self-defense.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
November 6th, 2018 at 3:01:55 PM permalink

WE have a government currently run by morons and you think their policies are stupid?

Precisely. YES.

Go figure. Maybe they should start asking that question to returning US citizens.

Or to themselves ! Or their kids. This is STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. And petty. Maybe STrUmPID will catch on. Commander in STUPID. trumpidiot. If I recall correctly, Betty Ford was hooked on drugs far stronger than Cannabis.

VOTE VOTE VOTE
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
November 6th, 2018 at 5:16:07 PM permalink
My biggest complaint about pot is the horrible skunk smell. It's horrible, and now EVERY hotel in Las Vegas and California smells like it. Somebody has got to find a way to remove that cat piss/skunk smell from the joints.

On the plus side it's a great way to reduce violence in the black community. They should drop free joints from helicopters during riots in order to protect businesses and property.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
November 6th, 2018 at 5:41:32 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

My biggest complaint about pot is the horrible skunk smell. It's horrible, and now EVERY hotel in Las Vegas and California smells like it. Somebody has got to find a way to remove that cat piss/skunk smell from the joints.

On the plus side it's a great way to reduce violence in the black community. They should drop free joints from helicopters during riots in order to protect businesses and property.

I can see it in my head now. People are rioting and looting and all of a sudden, they look up and see helicopters dropping free joints and they stop their rioting and looting and have their focus on the free joints, hands upwards and open and gleefully take them and leave with the free joints, ready to smoke these unexpected gifts! :D
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
November 6th, 2018 at 5:44:26 PM permalink
LOL!!! It really would work! If they had the free joint drop back in Ferguson then the Black Lives Matter group wouldn't exist!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 6th, 2018 at 8:59:07 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Boy, is that true. Yeesh.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: