Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
November 4th, 2018 at 3:07:50 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/canadian-pot-smokers-not-welcome-at-the-border-u-s-customs-and-border-protection

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/amnesties-for-canadian-pot-convictions-useless-at-border-u-s-customs

But U.S Customs has been obsolete since like 1996 according to Google. It's TSA now.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
AlexR
AlexR
  • Threads: 5
November 4th, 2018 at 8:57:38 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

But U.S Customs has been obsolete since like 1996 according to Google. It's TSA now.

They're separate agencies under the Department of Homeland Security. The TSA is the airport security agency and also oversees the Air Marshal Service. Customs and Border Protection is responsible for customs stations and border security.
"At gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck." —Ian Fleming
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 208
November 5th, 2018 at 3:26:00 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/canadian-pot-smokers-not-welcome-at-the-border-u-s-customs-and-border-protection

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/amnesties-for-canadian-pot-convictions-useless-at-border-u-s-customs

First article says:

In late-September, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection responded with an unambiguous public statement: anyone even admitting to having toked up at some point in their life “is inadmissible to the United States.”

This is so STUPID. And what bothers me most is that it is so HYPOCRITICAL when the population of the US is one of the biggest markets for real drugs. STUPID. STUPID. STUPID.
You know the type always acting cool, Pretender;Take the risk or give up your cards, Pretender, Oh, Oh. - Iris/Avsec
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
November 5th, 2018 at 9:27:43 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

First article says:

In late-September, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection responded with an unambiguous public statement: anyone even admitting to having toked up at some point in their life “is inadmissible to the United States.”

This is so STUPID. And what bothers me most is that it is so HYPOCRITICAL when the population of the US is one of the biggest markets for real drugs. STUPID. STUPID. STUPID.

WE have a government currently run by morons and you think their policies are stupid? Go figure. Maybe they should start asking that question to returning US citizens.
Nathan
Nathan
November 5th, 2018 at 6:31:56 PM permalink
So, in Canada, "I tried pot one time when I was a rebellious 15 year old," can get me banned from entering The U.S. as a 34 year old adult? As my ex manager once said to a lying attempted shoplifter, "Get out of here!" Pot is nowhere near as bad as Heroin, Flakka, Molly, Ecstacy, Speed, Cocaine, Crack. Those are some bad drugs. But come on? Pot? Pot is harmless compared to the dirty 7.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
November 5th, 2018 at 7:45:21 PM permalink
In short, if you are not a US citizen and are trying to enter the US, yes.

The rest of that post is an example of the logical fallacy of relative privation, aka "not as bad as"

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as
AlexR
AlexR
  • Threads: 5
November 5th, 2018 at 8:42:43 PM permalink
Since Justin Trudeau, at least three of his cabinet ministers, and the leader of the opposition have all publicly admitted to smoking pot, will they be banned from the US as well?
"At gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck." —Ian Fleming
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 34
November 5th, 2018 at 8:54:19 PM permalink
Trudeau come across as such a weak prime minister.
Nathan
Nathan
November 6th, 2018 at 3:36:59 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

In short, if you are not a US citizen and are trying to enter the US, yes.

The rest of that post is an example of the logical fallacy of relative privation, aka "not as bad as"

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

IMHO, something trivial you did as a rebellious teenager shouldn't keep you from being granted access to the U.S as an adult. IMHO, as an adult, admitting you smoked pot as a rebellious teenager is in the same vein as,"I stole a bag of chips from Chevron when I was 15." See trivial.

• Jump to: