odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 290
November 3rd, 2018 at 1:28:47 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

When people get to the point where routinely lying ,simply for convenience sale, becomes the norm, that society's best days are behind it.

How about arguing for the sake of argument? That's what it seems you are doing. And are we supposed to believe you are the reincarnation of Honest Abe or can't-tell-a-lie George Washington? [fantastical qualities ascribed by legend no doubt anyway]

I'll give you credit for bringing up the over-reaching law about lying to a federal agent though
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 149
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
November 3rd, 2018 at 1:43:40 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

How about arguing for the sake of argument? That's what it seems you are doing. And are we supposed to believe you are the reincarnation of Honest Abe or can't-tell-a-lie George Washington? [fantastical qualities ascribed by legend no doubt anyway]

I'll give you credit for bringing up the over-reaching law about lying to a federal agent though

Am I the last honest person? I certainly hope not.
I am amazed how easily people choose to tell little white lies when the truth is just as easy. Suggesting someone lie to a Federal Officer is disrespectful to our country and our way of life. A lock can stop a thief. Stopping a lie is harder.
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 30
November 3rd, 2018 at 2:41:21 PM permalink
Clearly, what we need is a wall along the Canadian border.
Sometimes, people are just a bottomless mystery. And, after all, this is just a sh*tty little forum in the sun-less backwaters of the online world.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 149
November 3rd, 2018 at 3:09:30 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Clearly, what we need is a wall along the Canadian border.

Only if Mexico pays for it. As JFK airport historically has been the POE for many illegals entering the country, maybe we should just shut it down.
Boz
Boz 
  • Threads: 153
November 3rd, 2018 at 5:42:24 PM permalink

I am amazed how easily people choose to tell little white lies when the truth is just as easy. Suggesting someone lie to a Federal Officer is disrespectful to our country and our way of life. A lock can stop a thief. Stopping a lie is harder.

One of the few things we have ever agreed upon.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 208
November 3rd, 2018 at 6:30:50 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

One of the few things we have ever agreed upon.

Everytime my house was burglarized my doors and windows were locked
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
November 3rd, 2018 at 7:27:07 PM permalink
Quote:

They could have used a credit card to get in your locked home. :/
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Nathan
Nathan
November 3rd, 2018 at 7:27:09 PM permalink
Quote:

They could have used a credit card to get in your locked home. :/
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
November 3rd, 2018 at 7:42:05 PM permalink
I cross over regularly from Niagara falls ont to Niagara falls ny and have yet to be asked......you would be pretty stupid to answer yes though.
get second you pig
Nathan
Nathan
November 3rd, 2018 at 7:51:51 PM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

I cross over regularly from Niagara falls ont to Niagara falls ny and have yet to be asked......you would be pretty stupid to answer yes though.

If you answer "No," and they later found out you lied you can get into big trouble. Kind of like knowing you are guilty and you plead Not Guilty only to be convicted and found Guilty and getting sentenced to 55 years in prison rather than pleading Guilty and only being sentenced to 25 years in prison.

• Jump to: