18 members have voted

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
May 1st, 2018 at 1:25:07 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

The path is hard as so few travel it, while the road to Perdition is well tread and smooth.
To paraphrase the Apostle Paul , I pity the man who sells his dreams for a handful of silver.

Especially when Gold is so much more valuable.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
May 1st, 2018 at 1:27:35 PM permalink
Quote:

And my issue there is with the word "fortunate". The reason why you and your family are where they are is because of what you stated before that, hard work and hard decisions. "Fortunate" is winning the Lottery, no different than "lucky" that some use to explain successful people.

Lots of people get boosts, Of the Forbes 400 richest. Plenty didn't scratch their way up.

Quote:

Those “born on first base” — in upper-class families, with inheritances up to $1 million — make up 22 percent of the 400. On “second base,” households wealthy enough to run a business big enough to generate inheritances over $1 million, the new UFE study found another 11.5 percent.

On “third base,” with inherited wealth over $50 million, sit 7 percent of America’s 400 richest. Last but not least, the “born on home plate” crowd. These high-rollers, 21.25 percent of the total Forbes list, all inherited enough to “earn” their way into top 400 status. The narrative of wealth and achievement that Forbes is pushing ignores the other side of the coin

https://inequality.org/research/selfmade-myth-hallucinating-rich/
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
May 1st, 2018 at 1:37:57 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

On to issues that really matter: I hope his next albums a banger

Hmm. Has any of his albums banged?
Last album I bought was about 40 years ago.
Kanye sells albums?
People still buy albums these days?
Does Kanye puts out singles on 45's :-)
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 27
May 1st, 2018 at 1:38:45 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Especially when Gold is so much more valuable.

Okay, that was pretty funny... =P
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 172
May 1st, 2018 at 1:41:43 PM permalink
I'm hoping a friend or two eventually ends up on this list. In fact, I have a bet with one of them that a mutual friend makes it before he does.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 172
May 1st, 2018 at 1:46:08 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Hmm. Has any of his albums banged?
Last album I bought was about 40 years ago.
Kanye sells albums?
People still buy albums these days?
Does Kanye puts out singles on 45's :-)

I was at a show Man he performed at. It was a huge benefit with dozens of acts. I was amazed how well the sound levels were as you had acts ranging from choirs to grunge bands but the vocals were crisp. Man he took the stage and did fifteen minutes of inaudible yelling into the mike. Several other acts rapped, so it wasn't that.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
May 1st, 2018 at 1:47:10 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm hoping a friend or two eventually ends up on this list. In fact, I have a bet with one of them that a mutual friend makes it before he does.

Where is EB and Sancho?
They were claiming the left is going nuts over Kanye. ROTFL
Reading this thread, doesn't look like anybody here listens to Kanye
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 1st, 2018 at 1:48:45 PM permalink
I'm absolutely f***ing livid that NO ONE has referred to Kanye as the gay fish yet. Holy crap, I just can't even right now....

Quote: Romes

Didn't the republicans (well, christians, but all republicans claim to be good christians) Christian God make that decree? To always help those less fortunate/well off? To give up all worldly possessions to help others in need? F%&*in LOL @ republicans hypocrisy.

I'd rather donate my money where it's actually going to be used for a good cause than to the government who're going to waste it and let people live off the govt. dime.

Quote: Romes

Kanye is a moron, and he's insane. Why anyone cares anything about him in any way, shape, or form is beyond me. Then again I feel the exact same way about anyone who pays attention to the Kardashians too.

Idk anything about the gay fish, Kanye, but pretty sure he's retarded.

TIL Kanye is married to Kardashian
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 1st, 2018 at 1:51:03 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Where is EB and Sancho?
They were claiming the left is going nuts over Kanye. ROTFL
Reading this thread, doesn't look like anybody here listens to Kanye

Yup, liberals suuuure aren't going nuts over Kanye.

ITT: A liberal started a thread about Kanye. A majority of the posts about Kanye (on here) seem to be from 'the left'.
<insert lol_cat.jpg>
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
May 1st, 2018 at 1:58:44 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

However, things dramatically changed after the Southern Strategy, a calculated decision by the Republican Party to COURT racist voters. If somebody calls the GOP the racist party, it's BECAUSE they made efforts to actually appeal to racist voters. Which leads me to, what I believe is an accurate statement in 2018:

When did the GOP promote a racist message? They courted hardworking southerners who did not like liberalism.

It is the Democrats who promote racist things like Affirmative Action and quotas. It is the Democrats who divide people by skin color. It is all about race with the Democrats, the GOP rarely mentions race.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: