Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
Thanks for this post from:
ams288beachbumbabs
December 23rd, 2018 at 5:59:47 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Senate gave up and went home for Christmas. Unless House passes Senate Wall-free bill (and Trump signs it), govt will remain shut down until at least Thurs when the Senate returns.

Trump would rather screw over 300-400k employees for their EOY paychecks and likely their Christmas funds, than restore the govt. What a putz. Especially after he had agreed to the Senate bill before they went ahead to vote on it, then reneged. And after he canceled their raises. And their COLA increases, both budgeted for next year.

As to the wars, I won't pretend to be a military strategist. But I look at Mattis as the best we have. And he resigned over it.

So no, we should not be doing it. We leave our allies in the ditch, the people we were helping unprotected, and the many billions we spent wasted, if we don't finish the job and withdraw in a manner that does not allow ISIS to regroup and prevail.

Not to mention all the Americans killed and wounded. Them most of all, IMO. This is a dishonorable non-resolution that betrays their sacrifice. But I consider that more of a personal bias, since so many here care more about money than honor or integrity of the government.

As often happens, Trump has a good idea, to get us out of the s....... countries that scorn civilization, but he canít figure out an adult way to do so. Letting our allies know, behind closed doors, that we will be leaving, so they can either join us or do what they want.
Border protection is an admirable goal, but not to the detriment of the rest of the country.

Please SOMEONE offer me a bet on the 2020 Presidential election. I want ABT. (Anyone but Trump)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
beachbumbabs
December 23rd, 2018 at 6:03:41 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

If I remember the joke correctly...

How do Jewish people celebrate Christmas?

They dance around the cash register singing "What a friend we have in Jesus"

Remember, Jesus was a nice Jewish boy. Probably was celebrating Hanukkah around ĎChristmasí time!
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 235
December 23rd, 2018 at 6:13:59 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Remember, Jesus was a nice Jewish boy. Probably was celebrating Hanukkah around ĎChristmasí time!

Yes I know

A nice Jewish boy with Blond hair and Blue eyes

Hmmm, wait a minute, this requires some thinking
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
beachbumbabs
December 23rd, 2018 at 7:11:39 AM permalink

Hmmm, wait a minute, this requires some thinking

How dare you. This is politics. We don't do that here.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 235
December 23rd, 2018 at 8:29:54 AM permalink
Quote: Face

How dare you. This is politics. We don't do that here.

Sorry Face. You are right

Its just the President DON is tying me up in KNOTTS
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
RSpetroglyphMaxPen
December 23rd, 2018 at 10:49:24 AM permalink
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
aceofspadesMoosetonRS
December 23rd, 2018 at 1:37:52 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

They need to not back pay people when it is over. Probably going to back pay $20B in wages for no services rendered to argue about $5B. I think we just gave $10B to South America. People need to wake up and start figuring out that government is not working for their best interests.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
December 23rd, 2018 at 1:48:30 PM permalink
Even though Trump said he already owns responsibility for the shutdown, congress already passed a bipartisan budget bill he rejected. Hard to imagine he can own it anymore than he already does short of getting a tattoo about owning it.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 23rd, 2018 at 3:48:36 PM permalink
People also need to look at the positive aspects to these shutdowns.

Fire up the stills while the revenuers are on vacation.

Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 0
aceofspades
December 25th, 2018 at 6:18:37 PM permalink

So you believe the terrorists are coming from Mexico and NOT the middle east

Smh

So youíre saying terrorists are coming from the Middle East? Well then Iím sure you would agree with Trumpís travel ban restricting entry of people from those countries.

• Jump to: