Thread Rating:

• Threads: 24
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
December 21st, 2018 at 10:06:50 AM permalink
Quote: 777

There are 16 1/2 trading days remain for 2018. All 3 major indexes are at about the break-even level based on 01/01/2018 price points. I think all 3 major indexes will have positive returns for the year whether that moronic mother-fuker Trump will keep his mouth shut or not.

With 5 1/5 more trading days before the end of 2018, I'm now giving up hope that the market will end up in the positive territory for 2018. Well, on a second thought, I refuse to give up hope. Let's all pray together for better days ...

Where are SOOPOO and all those trumpers now who had quickly elevated the racist, sexist, rapist, child sexual predator, liar, con-artist Trump to a "god" level and proudly pad themself on the back not so long ago when the market had risen quickly? I even recall that SOOPOO was so confidence that he/she even questioned if Hillary could have done that great if she was at the helm.

P/S
At this rate of deterioration and with just 5 1/5 more trading days, December 2018 is on track to become the worst December decline since the Great Depression. What a great accomplishment! Thank you trumpers and the the racist, sexist, rapist, child sexual predator, liar, con-artist Trump! America, we all should thanks those idiots for a great 2018!
Last edited by: 777 on Dec 21, 2018
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 173
December 21st, 2018 at 11:52:02 AM permalink
The good thing about Donny's trainwreck is whomever comes next cant do any worse. I won't be surprised if Medicare for all is the lasting legacy of this administration.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 173
December 21st, 2018 at 12:09:57 PM permalink
The government shutdown, that trump said he would proudly own but now blames everyone but himself on, will result in the border being less protected. The Border Patrol plans to shift as many as twenty percent of its uniformed patrol officers from patrolling the border to doing the office work the non-essential laid off people did. Patrol Agents are being forced to work without pay, but the back offices are being laid off. The people who do the fingerprinting, transporting and sheltering of detainees are all being laid off, forcing Patrol Agents to take over those jobs.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
petroglyphMooseton
December 21st, 2018 at 1:28:29 PM permalink
Quote: 777

With 5 1/5 more trading days before the end of 2018, I'm now giving up hope that the market will end up in the positive territory for 2018. Well, on a second thought, I refuse to give up hope. Let's all pray together for better days ...

Where are SOOPOO and all those trumpers now who had quickly elevated the racist, sexist, rapist, child sexual predator, liar, con-artist Trump to a "god" level and proudly pad themself on the back not so long ago when the market had risen quickly? I even recall that SOOPOO was so confidence that he/she even questioned if Hillary could have done that great if she was at the helm.

P/S
At this rate of deterioration and with just 5 1/5 more trading days, December 2018 is on track to become the worst December decline since the Great Depression. What a great accomplishment! Thank you trumpers and the the racist, sexist, rapist, child sexual predator, liar, con-artist Trump! America, we all should thanks those idiots for a great 2018!

You KNOW the market was fine until after election day when it became clear that the American public wanted a Democrat House with a Democrat budget, right? Anyway, I am as usual embarrassed that our forum allows the same drivel 'racist, sexist, rapist, child sex predator' crap you always type. And you constantly calling me a Trumper is the highest form of personal insult on this forum, yet you slide somehow. Of course no way to tell what would have happened with HRC as Prez, We will never know.

I was going to ask if there is a single member here who will bet with me on our 2020 President? If you want Trump I'll bet against you. Small amount. Large amount. You let me know.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
December 21st, 2018 at 2:04:00 PM permalink
The market was fine until Trumpís trade war kicked in and his tax cuts for companies that bought their stocks back and didnít invest in their workers (like they never do and never have done) had a full year to kick in and their effects measured. Trump may well be vindicated on his approach to China, but he probably wonít be. But the tax cuts are dangerous! When less and less people control more and more of the money, people actually think this is...good? Lol, cracks me up, but also pisses me off. Trillion dollar deficits are back baby!

But weíll see. Not ready to say itís a disaster (itís getting pretty close, Mattis quitting sucks), but the cycle looks very familiar. Republicans bring the house down, democrats are elected and clean s**t up. Rinse repeat throughout history.

Trump said himself, I think in 2004?, that the economy does better under democrats. He was right about that and the data is VERY CLEAR. Itís not even close. Try chalking it up to luck or who controlled the house or whatever you want. But itís getting more and more difficult to chalk it up to coincidence. Sooner or later voters in fly over states are going to have to wake the hell up and do some homework.

By the way, this is why smart presidents donít tout the markets during upticks. You then own the downturn. Not something ďstable geniusesĒ typically do.
Last edited by: Steverinos on Dec 21, 2018
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 235
December 21st, 2018 at 4:13:58 PM permalink
Five Billion dollars worth of steel slats?

Anybody interested in purchasing?

Ebay perhaps?

Also an order for 100 soldiers 5 feet high

Or is that 500 soldiers 1 foot high (Laurel and Hardy fans should get the reference)

After all we have to keep the bogeymen, ahem, Mexicans out according to Old King Cole, ahem Trump
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
December 21st, 2018 at 4:52:48 PM permalink
Is taking the blame for the shutdown right out of the "Art of the Deal"? One day I may read it.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 48
December 21st, 2018 at 5:09:42 PM permalink
A rare moment of something decent happening under this administration:
https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2018/12/21/trump-signs-farm-bill-making-cbd-and-hemp-federally-legal/2385540002/
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 0
RSMooseton
December 21st, 2018 at 7:39:35 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

We have allies there. In fact, it's a NATO operation, stemming from the September 11th terror attacks.

I thought you Democrats were all opposed to these wars? Trump is ending them and bringing the troops home. Except of course for you it has nothing to do with whether we should stay or leave and everything to do with opposing every decision Trump makes no matter what.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
December 21st, 2018 at 8:03:53 PM permalink
Quote: Sandybestdog

I thought you Democrats were all opposed to these wars? Trump is ending them and bringing the troops home. Except of course for you it has nothing to do with whether we should stay or leave and everything to do with opposing every decision Trump makes no matter what.

And we thought the Republicans knew who was really dangerous like Saddam Hussein, until you guys started going on about poor and often desperate people as "an invasion" force headed toward the border.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: