Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5476
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomaneSteverinos
March 17th, 2019 at 1:50:00 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

There is plenty of "hate" on the left, right, and in various religions. One must suspend reality to not see that.



Letís throw some stats into this debate, instead of the ďboth sides are bad!Ē false equivalences.



Clearly one side has a bigger issue with hate and violence than the other, no?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
March 17th, 2019 at 6:26:26 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Letís throw some stats into this debate, instead of the ďboth sides are bad!Ē false equivalences.

Clearly one side has a bigger issue with hate and violence than the other, no?



I'm against all of them; I didn't say anything about which side had a bigger problem with the issue at this point. There is plenty of hate to go around. I would much rather have no hate; just differences of opinion. Left wingers used to try and bomb places and now (Antifa) mainly just tear up the property of others (so far), Islamists still blow up places and are a danger, and right-wing extremists are some nasty bastards who are winning the idiot race lately.

I've read some of the ADL stuff and other things. While, in general, I find the conclusion of who is nastiest to be correct at this point, there are some questions about their numbers and who they attribute things to in this report. Again, I am not saying that any of this changes who is winning the hate race right now.
777
777
Joined: Oct 7, 2015
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 724
March 18th, 2019 at 12:11:53 PM permalink
"I know how many motherfuckers hate me. 'Iím never going to see a Sam Jackson movie again.' Fuck I care? If you never went to another movie I did in my life, Iím not going to lose any money. I already cashed that check. Fuck you. Burn up my videotapes. I donít give a fuck."

"This motherfucker is like ruining the planet and all kinds of other crazy shit. And the people think thatís okay. Itís not fucking okay. And if youíre not saying anything, then youíre complicit."

Who has said all these recently -- to whom and in what context?

Hint: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/samuel-l-jackson-to-trump-supporters-who-boycott-his-films-f-you

P/S
How many days, weeks, months, years, decades, or centuries I'll be banned for posting these non-censored, exact quotes?
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 173
  • Posts: 10462
March 18th, 2019 at 12:19:00 PM permalink
Quote: 777


P/S
How many days, weeks, months, years, decades, or centuries I'll be banned for posting these non-censored, exact quotes?



Direct quotes and relevant to the topic -- shouldn't be banned. OTOH, I wouldn't overdo them either, or hunt stuff out of the past unless it's a debate over what someone said then by someone else

IMO. of course.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5898
March 18th, 2019 at 12:35:47 PM permalink
Quote: 777

"I know how many motherfuckers hate me. 'Iím never going to see a Sam Jackson movie again.' Fuck I care? If you never went to another movie I did in my life, Iím not going to lose any money. I already cashed that check. Fuck you. Burn up my videotapes. I donít give a fuck."

"This motherfucker is like ruining the planet and all kinds of other crazy shit. And the people think thatís okay. Itís not fucking okay. And if youíre not saying anything, then youíre complicit."

Who has said all these recently -- to whom and in what context?

Hint: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/samuel-l-jackson-to-trump-supporters-who-boycott-his-films-f-you

P/S
How many days, weeks, months, years, decades, or centuries I'll be banned for posting these non-censored, exact quotes?


Conservatives wont watch a Samuel Jackson movie because of politics?
Boy is that dumb and stupid
I lean left and I know Clint Eastwood is a right winger that like to talk to chairs
but
If I am channel surfing and see Dirty Harry or the cowboy with no name, I'm stopping to watch Clint kick some a**
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5476
March 18th, 2019 at 12:41:35 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Conservatives wont watch a Samuel Jackson movie because of politics?
Boy is that dumb and stupid
I lean left and I know Clint Eastwood is a right winger that like to talk to chairs
but
If I am channel surfing and see Dirty Harry or the cowboy with no name, I'm stopping to watch Clint kick some a**



Boycotting a movie because you disagree with a director or actorís politics is incredibly stupid.

I still see all of Clintís movies. I thought The Mule was really good.

Million Dollar Baby is one of my favorite movies.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Steverinos
Steverinos
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
March 18th, 2019 at 12:44:44 PM permalink
I posted this video last week and it got zero feedback from anybody. WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED? Everybody wants to whine about the problems with our democracy but nobody wants to recognize what's broken and the steps necessary towards fixing it. When you look at the YouTube comments, everything is sooooooooooooooooooo predictable. Righties automatically hate it because it's an actress and Hollywood is full of pedophiles and corrupt (I'm exaggerating...sort of). Lefties love it because it recognizes what's going on and has some sensible reforms to fixing it, regardless of who the messenger is. The tax voucher is just one AWESOME idea that GUARANTEES that each candidate will campaign for it instead of relying on PAC money and wealthy contributions.

.

And for the record, the DNC did not cheat Bernie. He lost the primary by almost 4 million votes. Hillary actually beat Obama in the popular vote by 286,687 in 2008, to put that into context. You can't cheat 4 million votes, no matter how many times you try to falsely claim that illegals voted in droves.

Donald Trump is the symptom of what's rotted at the Republican Party over the last decade, i.e., they overreacted to Barack Obama, a good man who pushed for compromising solutions time and time again, to the dismay of his base. Did Hillary make mistakes? Yes, she did. Is the left EQUALLY to blame for electing a despicable human being as the role model for our children and leader of the free world? Oh heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll no!
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
March 18th, 2019 at 2:44:45 PM permalink
Quote: 777

"I know how many motherfuckers hate me. 'Iím never going to see a Sam Jackson movie again.' Fuck I care? If you never went to another movie I did in my life, Iím not going to lose any money. I already cashed that check. Fuck you. Burn up my videotapes. I donít give a fuck."

"This motherfucker is like ruining the planet and all kinds of other crazy shit. And the people think thatís okay. Itís not fucking okay. And if youíre not saying anything, then youíre complicit."

Who has said all these recently -- to whom and in what context?

Hint: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/samuel-l-jackson-to-trump-supporters-who-boycott-his-films-f-you

P/S
How many days, weeks, months, years, decades, or centuries I'll be banned for posting these non-censored, exact quotes?



You make it obvious that you posted this only to troll the moderation over the "keep it PG" rule, not to make any particularly useful on-topic post. Yes, we have free speech here. But we also have some standards, with which you are very familiar. You could have masked the offensive words and still quoted Sam Jackson exactly. You didn't.

So I'll make it 1 month less 3 days you earned extra on your last sentence, Martingale (4th recent offense). Hopefully I'll remember to unlock you then.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
March 18th, 2019 at 3:19:51 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

And for the record, the DNC did not cheat Bernie. He lost the primary by almost 4 million votes. Hillary actually beat Obama in the popular vote by 286,687 in 2008, to put that into context. You can't cheat 4 million votes, no matter how many times you try to falsely claim that illegals voted in droves.



"In her book, Brazile agrees with the court, too. She says that, contra President Trump, the Clinton campaignís actions were not illegal. ďThe funding arrangement with HFA and the victory fund agreement was not illegal, but it sure looked unethical,Ē Brazile notes. ďThis was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the partyís integrity.Ē

https://www.weeklystandard.com/holmes-lybrand/fact-check-did-the-dnc-illegally-steal-the-2016-primary-from-bernie-sanders

No, they didn't technically "cheat" him out of winning...they just let Hillary run the show based on a joint fund-raising agreement:

"ďHillary would control the partyís finances, strategy, and all the money raised,Ē Brazile wrote. ďHer campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.Ē"

Quote: Steverinos

Yes, she did. Is the left EQUALLY to blame for electing a despicable human being as the role model for our children and leader of the free world? Oh heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll no!



Again, they had the winning candidate. They were poised to win. The candidate just refused to do what it would take to win. Someone on her side was responsible for that decision. Her winning in California by a zillion votes was a forgone conclusion and we hear a lot about it and how unfair it is...but everyone knew the system going in and she missed out on a few thousand votes that were hers to gain by staying away at a crucial point in the campaign.

Nothing that President Trump does is their "fault"...that isn't the point...it is their "fault" that they didn't do what it took to win.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
March 18th, 2019 at 4:55:55 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Nothing that President Trump does is their "fault"...that isn't the point...it is their "fault" that they didn't do what it took to win.



That wasn't the point I was trying to make either. You used the word cheated, without quotes, in an earlier post to describe the DNC's treatment of Bernie. That's not what happened.

Thanks for the clarification.

  • Jump to: