No votes (0%)
5 votes (10.2%)
11 votes (22.44%)

49 members have voted

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 48
June 12th, 2018 at 11:41:04 AM permalink
Despite growing up on a golf course, and having a father who is an avid golfer, I do not play at all.

Recently I played for a bachelor party. We went to the worst course we could find on purpose so we could dick around. I think this course is getting replaced by a housing development, and it's pretty obvious the owners have completely checked out. It was $25 including cart to play. I think they are just paying 1 guy to mow the grass at this point.

I played bumper carts more than I played golf, because this is literally the only place where it would be possible without getting kicked out.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 15
June 12th, 2018 at 4:16:09 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

FK THAT!!!!

It is a dry heat! We live in a desert, so you have to be out and about at some point during the summer. Why not spend 5+hours outside in a golf cart? :)

I have played many rounds of golf (poorly btw, 20+GHIN). Yet I have not played one round of golf in Nevada. This needs to change.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
June 17th, 2018 at 6:36:52 AM permalink
What Phil Mickelson pulled off yesterday really disgusts me
I play and I have never ever seen any player pull the stunt Phil pulled
Its cheating in my book and he should be thrown out
Instead he brags about cheating.
This not just any golf game
This is the tournament that determines this country's national champion

Phil hits a putt, he misses, its going long and down a hill
He rushes up to the ball and actually hits it while its still moving down a hill
WTF
Later he brags that he made the right move taking a 2 stoke penalty preventing the ball from finishing its natural roll
I am shocked he was not thrown out.
There is a 2 stroke penalty for doing this by mistake
He did this on purpose and the rule is you should be thrown out
Do the right thing Phil, withdraw
You cheated and its obvious

Whoever is enforcing the rules at the US Open is a clown with no backbone and no respect for the actual rules
sad
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
June 17th, 2018 at 6:45:35 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

What Phil Mickelson pulled off yesterday really disgusts me
I play and I have never ever seen any player pull the stunt Phil pulled
Its cheating in my book and he should be thrown out
Instead he brags about cheating.
This not just any golf game
This is the tournament that determines this country's national champion

Phil hits a putt, he misses, its going long and down a hill
He rushes up to the ball and actually hits it while its still moving down a hill
WTF
Later he brags that he made the right move taking a 2 stoke penalty preventing the ball from finishing its natural roll
I am shocked he was not thrown out.
There is a 2 stroke penalty for doing this by mistake
He did this on purpose and the rule is you should be thrown out
Do the right thing Phil, withdraw
You cheated and its obvious

Looks like it's not up to Phil any more.

Quote: PGA

1-2. Exerting Influence on Movement of Ball or Altering Physical Conditions
A player must not (i) take an action with the intent to influence the movement of a ball in play or (ii) alter physical conditions with the intent of affecting the playing of a hole.

Exceptions:

1. An action expressly permitted or expressly prohibited by another Rule is subject to that other Rule, not Rule 1-2.

2. An action taken for the sole purpose of caring for the course is not a breach of Rule 1-2.

*Penalty for Breach of Rule 1-2:
Match play - Loss of hole; Stroke play - Two strokes.

*In the case of a serious breach of Rule 1-2, the Committee may impose a penalty of disqualification.

Note 1: A player is deemed to have committed a serious breach of Rule 1-2 if the Committee considers that the action taken in breach of this Rule has allowed him or another player to gain a significant advantage or has placed another player, other than his partner, at a significant disadvantage.

If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
June 17th, 2018 at 7:04:25 AM permalink
Bottom line
Phil cheated
If I was playing for money (The US Open is playing for money) and a player pulled that on me
I would call out that player for cheating
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
June 17th, 2018 at 7:18:13 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Bottom line
Phil cheated
If I was playing for money (The US Open is playing for money) and a player pulled that on me
I would call out that player for cheating

I've listened to a bunch of the commentary. I have accidentally hit a ball while moving (bad bunker shot where club hit ball second time while ball in air). That is the spirit of the two shot penalty. What Phil did was mocking the men who set up the course. They would have been within their rights to disqualify him. I would vote with you, to disqualify, but understand it is not 100% clear. But it is not cheating per se. He admitted his error and assessed himself the two stroke penalty. It is up to officials to disqualify him.
Keeneone
Keeneone
June 17th, 2018 at 11:35:35 AM permalink
I think it was a serious breach of the rules and he earned a DQ. Very poor sportsmanship and not particularly honorable. A bit weak on the part of the USGA. Maybe his position in the tourney made a difference. He was well back at the time. What if this happened and he was in the Top 10?

His responses afterward were not truthful IMO. Another utter failure at the US Open for Phil. Combined with the B. Walters crap of a few years ago, I have soured on Lefty. He seems to be turning into a rich, spoiled, evil villian type of character.
Last edited by: Keeneone on Jun 17, 2018
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 48
June 17th, 2018 at 11:44:54 AM permalink
FWIW my dad has met several pro golfers including Phil Mickelson, and said that hes an absolute dick.
Keeneone
Keeneone
June 17th, 2018 at 12:49:15 PM permalink
Yep. His reaction today (Final round) after making par on #13 is not endearing in any way:
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1008368550690598913
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 72
June 17th, 2018 at 1:56:23 PM permalink
I haven't swung a club in over two years because of back problems, yet I scheduled a tee time for 6:04am next week. I am excited. I have surgery scheduled for July, but what the heck. I am going to give it a try.
Living longer does not always infer +EV

• Jump to: