Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
December 8th, 2015 at 1:31:46 PM permalink
Quote: DMSCR

You definitely need Crashing Rain and armed with a Calamity on the other hand to be effective. I always liked Strafe but coupled with the quick cooldown of Rain of Vengeance you can just fly through things and cut things up like butter fast. Hence the top guys on the Demon Hunter leatherboard have the Natalya Set build.

As for Paragon after Season 4 ends I will be around 820 or so.

Absolutely. I'm still trying to get Calamity for Kanai's cube for my DH. As I posted previously, she's using Yang's Recurve with Unhallowed Essence. Cindercoat and Yang's give Multishot a very low Hatred cost, and does quite well with Dead Man's Legacy. The passive Ambush gives the initial Multishot a great boost in damage, and any mob hit by it under 60% HP, take two shots instead of one.

For the Strafe comment, I meant that it be used in sequence with Evasive Fire, to lower the cooldown of Rain of Vengeance. Pretty good clearing speed, though I can imagine that if the volume of mobs is dense enough, RoV will clear the CD by itself.

PS4 doesn't have seasons, so I have that benefit, it's nice to not worry about seasons ending to build my characters. My two highest rifters are in need of a few items and then all I'm looking for is the same gear with higher stats or ancient varieties. DH needs Calamity, and an ancient version of Yang's. Monk needs Flow of Eternity, and Fist of Az'Turrasq

My next project is a Hammerdin.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
December 8th, 2015 at 1:50:20 PM permalink
If you have tons of crafting materials the more efficient move is to get your rares either through Kadala or during a rift and bring them to Kanai's Cube and upgrade it. You have much better chance at getting the Legendary/Set item you want. As for getting an Ancient it might take some work. Totally drained my Death's Breath in arming up my Whirlwind Barb.

Playing Seasons is a real pain in the arse for that very first character you are brining to 70. Best to do so in a group. Hopefully you run into a Gem Hoarder goblin and get a Level 61/70 Ruby when you are leveling. After that first character to 70 the rest is pretty much a quick smooth up when you get a Gem of Ease to level 25.

I am pretty active for this Season but don't know if I will be so come Season 5. I will probably stop once I get all the achievements and earn that extra stash space. Lucky for you console folks you automatically get some extra 150 stash space because you don't have Seasons.

Speaking of your DH. If you have Pride's Fall for your helm you also decrease your resource 30% for not taking damage for 5 seconds.
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
December 8th, 2015 at 1:59:10 PM permalink

If you have tons of crafting materials the more efficient move is to get your rares either through Kadala or during a rift and bring them to Kanai's Cube and upgrade it. You have much better chance at getting the Legendary/Set item you want. As for getting an Ancient it might take some work. Totally drained my Death's Breath in arming up my Whirlwind Barb.

I have thousands of materials, though Death's Breath is the limiting factor. I don't mind the wait for ancient items, it's just the staple items that I need to get. I love the crafting system, but the material ratio seems lopsided. Even my Forgotten Soul count is beyond what I need for now.

On that note though, it's taken me approximately 5-6 months before I found any Ramaladni's Gifts. I couldn't believe the complete lack of drops. I've had dozens on PC, and even some of my PS4 friends have had one or two. I'm keeping this one until I either find another, or get an ancient version of Yang's. It's not worth it to roll the socket off the bow for higher damage and use the Gift. Not on a non-ancient item.

I keep hearing that the Cube is getting additional recipes added. I'd love to see something involving set bonuses, but that seems like it could be too strong of a mechanic to incorporate, at least to the degree of how legendary extraction works.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 8th, 2015 at 2:08:18 PM permalink

Playing Seasons is a real pain in the arse for that very first character you are brining to 70. Best to do so in a group. Hopefully you run into a Gem Hoarder goblin and get a Level 61/70 Ruby when you are leveling. After that first character to 70 the rest is pretty much a quick smooth up when you get a Gem of Ease to level 25.

I am pretty active for this Season but don't know if I will be so come Season 5. I will probably stop once I get all the achievements and earn that extra stash space. Lucky for you console folks you automatically get some extra 150 stash space because you don't have Seasons.

Speaking of your DH. If you have Pride's Fall for your helm you also decrease your resource 30% for not taking damage for 5 seconds.

Whirlwind Barb. I'm kinda wishing I'd picked that name for the forum. I like it!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 8th, 2015 at 2:16:04 PM permalink
I haven't been able to get into D3 at all. I spent so much time on D2 on LOD I could have actually gotten 2 bachelor degrees had I not been on Meph runs during college.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
December 8th, 2015 at 2:24:07 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

I haven't been able to get into D3 at all. I spent so much time on D2 on LOD I could have actually gotten 2 bachelor degrees had I not been on Meph runs during college.

If you would have played when D3 was released, I think you may have been disappointed. I spent unhealthy volumes of time on D2, and D2 LoD for many years. I played D3 with the expectation of it being a sequel to D2.

D3 is more the successor to D2 than a sequel, at least in terms of game play. The initial release of D3 left me unhappy with the way Blizzard chose to go with the game. The game itself, while beautiful, lacked content like D2 did. The boss loot tables were really no different than any other mob, as the developers wanted you to play through the game rather than do MF runs.

There was no incentive to replay the game once you beat it, save for playing on higher difficulties. The promised "PvP" element was cut from the game, and I grew bored with the game within a month of release.

Since then however, Blizzard has made substantial changes to the game, and it's great! I do miss the PvP aspect, as well as runewords, but that's life.
waasnoday
waasnoday
  • Threads: 3
December 8th, 2015 at 2:42:58 PM permalink
Sounds like I should re-install D3 and take a look at the changes. Played it for about a month right after the release and just got a bit bored with it. Presently the games that have wasted most of my weekend and nights are: World of Tanks (old man shooter), GTA V, Everquest II, Age of Wonders, Borderlands 2 and also use Vassal to play board games with a couple friends out west. World of Warcraft the board game and the Lord of the Rings board game are both very well done mods on the Vassal website.
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
December 8th, 2015 at 4:45:58 PM permalink
Quote: waasnoday

Sounds like I should re-install D3 and take a look at the changes. Played it for about a month right after the release and just got a bit bored with it. Presently the games that have wasted most of my weekend and nights are: World of Tanks (old man shooter), GTA V, Everquest II, Age of Wonders, Borderlands 2 and also use Vassal to play board games with a couple friends out west. World of Warcraft the board game and the Lord of the Rings board game are both very well done mods on the Vassal website.

World of Tanks was too much "Pay to Win" for my liking. World of Warships is far less so, and much more enjoyable for me. I love sailing around in a massive battleship, firing shells at 20 KM away.

GTA V I have for both PC and PS4. I prefer the PS4 version but mostly for the controls. I'll play that when I feel the need to fly a military jet through highly populated city streets.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 310
December 8th, 2015 at 5:01:44 PM permalink
reply to DMSCR,

அரை மூலம் மிகவும் புத்திசாலி
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
December 8th, 2015 at 5:58:35 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

reply to DMSCR,

அரை மூலம் மிகவும் புத்திசாலி

NOTE TO ALL.

HOPEFULLY EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU START TO CONVERSE WITH EACH OTHER IN A LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH. RUSSIAN, GERMAN, JAPANESE, URDU, HINDI, PUNJABI, AND EVEN BETTER YET..... KLINGON!

For that odiousgambit will applaud and award you by coming over to your place to clip your toenails with his teeth. Hehehehehe....

• Jump to: