kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
May 31st, 2015 at 10:03:55 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I remember my flight to Vegas back in December 2011. It was U.S. Airways from Detroit to Phoenix then a connector from there to Vegas. The first one was about 1/3 full so I could sit anywhere I wanted! :-)

The connector was completely full, mostly Hawaiians I think and was cramped, but short thankfully. Also, that connector had the wrong gate on the ticket and I just made it in time to the correct one.

Connections are another thing, I used to do (for a good price) that I will no longer do. Now I only interested in flying straight through.

Back in the day, twice I flew from Vegas to Philadelphia, via LA and SF. You start your trip flying 300 miles in the opposite direction. Lol.

I also won't hop-scotch across the country as Southwest likes to do. I was on a southwest plane that originated in Hartford, I think, came to Philly, where I got on, then to Pittsburgh, then a second stop (I think Denver) then to Vegas, and then on to San Francisco. No plane changes, just hop-scotching across country. I am not crazy about takeoffs and landings, so why would I want to do that to save a few bucks. And now a days Southwest isn't even cheaper.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 31st, 2015 at 10:08:04 AM permalink
I hear ya. I don't do the booking though, since I don't have or use credit cards. I have friends do it. The one who did the upcoming trip is going also. This isn't really an AP trip although if we see something we'll play it. Normally we drive for AP opportunities.

I wish it were today as it just hasn't stopped raining since yesterday. Oh well just more water for us and none for California :-D
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
kewlj
kewlj
May 31st, 2015 at 10:16:51 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I wish it were today as it just hasn't stopped raining since yesterday. Oh well just more water for us and none for California :-D

Well rain is one thing you don't have to worry about here. We are probably done with rain now, til the end of august or September when we could get a some 'monsoon' rain coming up from Arizona/Mexico if the winds are just right. They aren't full rainy days though, just a half hour here or there.

Past 2 days we have hit 100 degrees. Our first 100 degree days of the year. Today is supposed to be 104, then cooling off back into the 90's for the rest of the week. But you know....it's a dry heat...blah...blah..blah. Lol. It really is though. At 100 degrees I will sit under the canopy, out back by the pool, with a fan blowing on me and am quite comfortable.
kewlj
kewlj
May 31st, 2015 at 10:45:35 AM permalink
Hey when are those teleporting days, we first saw on star trek 50 years ago, going to get here? Well, I didn't see it 50 years ago, but that's when it was on.

Or did Jeff Goldblum screw up that dream by turning himself into a fly? LOL.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
May 31st, 2015 at 1:36:13 PM permalink
I am still wondering how to get $235 round trip???
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 31st, 2015 at 2:04:55 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Would you consider driving to Cleveland? 9/9 to 9/16 round trip on spirit is showing as $128 on Orbitz...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
May 31st, 2015 at 2:10:51 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

I forgot what site we used, I think Expedia, but the flights and hotel room total $375 per person and that's for 7 nights.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
May 31st, 2015 at 2:11:24 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Would you consider driving to Cleveland? 9/9 to 9/16 round trip on spirit is showing as $128 on Orbitz...

I personally never drive to the airport when I fly. It is cheaper for me to order a stretch limousine to and from the airport than to park my car at O'Hare for 5 days. Parking there is $35 a day for crying out loud. The limo service I use is $72 each way plus tip. Furthermore, it gets the trip off to a relaxing start.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
May 31st, 2015 at 2:13:15 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

I personally never drive to the airport when I fly. It is cheaper for me to order a stretch limousine to and from the airport than to park my car at O'Hare for 5 days. Parking there is $35 a day for crying out loud. The limo service I use is $72 each way plus tip. Furthermore, it gets the trip off to a relaxing start.

If going myself, I'll ride the bus system. $2.00 for the fare and 25¢ for a transfer.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
May 31st, 2015 at 6:05:37 PM permalink
I just went to Spirit site. Round trip for $400. Am I missing something???

• Jump to: