mason2386
mason2386
  • Threads: 39
May 14th, 2015 at 7:48:00 PM permalink
I have asked this question before but worded it wrong. According to the Total Rewards site, you earn 1 Tier Credit and 1 Reward Credit for each $5 you play on reel machines and $10 for video poker and table games.

If I show up with a $5000 bankroll for a 5 day stay and only play slots and table games, 50% of the time on slots and 50% on tables, I should earn roughly 3750 points. But by reinvesting my winnings into gaming, my Rewards go up. Playing poorly I expect a return of Reward points of .75 points for every dollar spent.

What amount of points do you expect/tend to earn while gambling at a CET property? I hope that I asked the question the right way this time.
chaunceyb3
chaunceyb3
  • Threads: 22
May 14th, 2015 at 7:57:53 PM permalink
You definitely do not earn tier points that way playing table games at CET properties!

A good rule of thumb is 3% of your expected loss per hour. If you play $10 blackjack, expect to earn 13 RCs and 13 TCs per hour. Yes, that's about 13 cents!

If you play the pass line at craps and some place bets, say $10 PL and place the six and eight, that's an average of $34. Expect to earn 60 to 90 cents per hour.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 14th, 2015 at 8:13:21 PM permalink
Well you have $5k in bankroll, with half going to slots and table games. As chauncey wrote above you don't earn much points for table games play. You're at the mercy of the pit boss who rates your buy in, average bet, etc and they do seem really stingy as far as I know.

Assuming you play blackjack with perfect basic strategy on a H17 table (play at flamingo, I think they have surrender) you'd lose about .55% so you're looking at about $454k in action. I don't know how the TC/RC works on table games so it's up in the air what that is worth.

Now slots are more simple, and calculated to the dollar. With the remaining $2500 if you play video poker on $1 denoms you could probably bang out 8/5 BP at the Rio for a loss of .83% so you would get $300k in action. This will earn you 30k TC/RC. I think they have a promo if you run 50k or earn 5k points in one day they give you 10k TC on top of what you've played. If you spread out your play over 6 days you will maximize your TC earn by earning an extra 60k in TC for a total of 90k TC, but since it's not enough for 7 star (150k TC) I don't know if it's worth the effort.

DISCLAIMER: This is assuming you play perfect strategy and lose only the expected loss. Actual loss may vary, and not hitting a royal somewhere in that much coin in will probably skew your results. Same goes for blackjack, but probably less variance.

One more thing to add: you wrote slots so I'm assuming you don't mean video poker. I'm assuming you'll probably have an expected loss of 10-15% on slots so you will only get $50k in action or less($5=1 point on slots), depending on the denoms/hold. If you don't know how to play VP I would suggest you learn as you can cut down your expected loss quite a bit.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
mason2386
mason2386
  • Threads: 39
May 14th, 2015 at 8:13:53 PM permalink
I tend to earn 1.67 to 1.98 points for every dollar in, be it slots and table. TITO or tables. Just trying to learn what others accomplish. Only tale game I play is craps.
zoobrew
zoobrew
  • Threads: 13
May 14th, 2015 at 8:17:41 PM permalink
For penny slots (non VP) I figure it costs around $750 to earn 1,000 TC if I play enough, but it can vary greatly depending on if I a hit or don't hit a few larger payoffs during my playing time.

With CET's daily bonuses you really want to concentrate your playing into single days so you can earn these bonuses. You are much better off earning 1,000 TC in one day and getting a daily bonus of 1,000 TC than earning 500 TC on 2 different days and only getting a total of 250 TC bonuses (125 TC bonus per day)

I know people say don't play for comps, I look at it as trying to maximizing my comps for my play. For example if there is RC multiplier day during your vacation, I would plan on playing the slots the most on that day.
  • Jump to: