sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
October 26th, 2014 at 3:05:50 PM permalink
Quote: RS

How do you bet 1k-5k avg on a 20k credit line?



I bring cash.

The line of credit is mostly for cover reasons. Being a credit player makes the pit less likely to think you're an AP. (Since APs generally play with bogus names or anonymously, neither of which is possible if you're a credit player)

(And in this case the line of credit might help me get a room comp/airport pickup for my first visit)
tongni
tongni
Joined: Feb 27, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 203
October 27th, 2014 at 11:34:18 AM permalink
I really don't get this. You are playing for tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars and not counting. You made this play successfully in many Vegas casinos without discovery, but now you are worried another casino is going to discover it? Why not just play two days and then check out and re check in if you are afraid of getting hit with everything. If the value of your play is so high I can't imagine worrying about the cost of a room, and if the risk of discovery is so high then why give them the chance to go through your stuff when you get 86ed?
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
October 27th, 2014 at 11:50:42 AM permalink
Quote: sc15

I bring cash.

The line of credit is mostly for cover reasons. Being a credit player makes the pit less likely to think you're an AP. (Since APs generally play with bogus names or anonymously, neither of which is possible if you're a credit player)

(And in this case the line of credit might help me get a room comp/airport pickup for my first visit)



Why is your name in red, sc15? What atrocious deed did you commit?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
October 27th, 2014 at 12:38:08 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Why is your name in red, sc15? What atrocious deed did you commit?



He called someone an idiot in another thread. The ban is only for three days.

It was very minor. I suspect it was more because he's only been on here since September.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
October 30th, 2014 at 1:40:56 PM permalink
Quote: tongni

I really don't get this. You are playing for tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars and not counting. You made this play successfully in many Vegas casinos without discovery, but now you are worried another casino is going to discover it? Why not just play two days and then check out and re check in if you are afraid of getting hit with everything. If the value of your play is so high I can't imagine worrying about the cost of a room, and if the risk of discovery is so high then why give them the chance to go through your stuff when you get 86ed?



When did I say I never got discovered? Also, when you're winning tens of thousands in a weekend there's always going to be a risk of getting backed off.

It's not so much worrying about the cost of the room, since paying for it won't break me or make the trip not worthwhile, but this is a business, and one of the key elements of having a successful business is investing your money wisely, and giving myself exposure to a potential expense when I don't have to is stupid.

And I did get this taken care of. To anyone interested, if you open a 5 figure credit line with a place you never played at before, they'll be more than happy to extend you a comped room (or even a suite) up front. The host didn't even ask me any questions like how much I play per hand or whatever. Seeing the credit line was enough.

I guess you could use this as a strategy to get a comped room with no play as well if you're into that kind of thing. Open a big credit line, get a comped room and give them no play. Obviously you'll never get anything comped up front again from that place, but I doubt that would be a concern to someone doing this.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 152
  • Posts: 20086
November 1st, 2014 at 4:19:38 AM permalink
Quote: tongni

I really don't get this. You are playing for tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars and not counting. You made this play successfully in many Vegas casinos



??? ....I must be missing something.

Where did you get that from, a different thread?

If this is true and he has played like this before, in any casino, then this doesn't pass the smell test. He seems to know about game conditions, average bet size, credit lines etc etc. He should be getting offers up the yin yang. Yet he is asking about something he should know about.



Quote: sc15

when you're winning tens of thousands in a weekend there's always going to be a risk of getting backed off.

It's not so much worrying about the cost of the room, since paying for it won't break me or make the trip not worthwhile, but this is a business, and one of the key elements of having a successful business is investing your money wisely, and giving myself exposure to a potential expense when I don't have to is stupid.
.

I agreed with the above.

You're only Worrying about getting a comped room? Thats subpar successful business practice IMO, you should be getting at least $500 in Free play and RFB.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
November 1st, 2014 at 12:54:51 PM permalink
I've never asked for a comp at a casino I've never set foot in before. So this is new to me. In vegas I would always stay at store I've previously played at and earned comps at a new place before getting anything from them.

And for a new place, I wouldn't expect them to front me free play and agree to up front RFB when they've never seen any play from me. I'm sure there's places that would do this to attract a potential new big player, but I can't plan a trip around that. How do you negotiate this kind of thing?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8467
November 1st, 2014 at 1:08:36 PM permalink
I find it hard to imagine that you cannot call and ask for a host, explain you you will be betting 1k minimum for plenty of hours, and the host will not get you set up. I agree with Axel that you should get more than just RFB.
I am most intrigued at what non-counting AP plays are available at BJ at the level you will be playing at......
sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
November 1st, 2014 at 4:20:48 PM permalink
I used to do card counting, but it's almost impossible to get serious action down without heat.

I shouldn't say it's a non-counting play, but I wouldn't get flagged as a counter because my play pattern is nothing close to how a counter's play pattern would be.
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
November 1st, 2014 at 5:07:13 PM permalink
Call the casino.
Ask for the host on duty/host department.
Tell them either (a) you want to wire $20k to the cage or (b) want to apply for $20k credit line
Host offers you RFB
Tell them you play $1k-$5k/hand.
(Host wonders to himself how you can play 8 hours/day betting $1k-$5k/hand on a $20k bankroll)
Host hangs up without booking you.

  • Jump to: