vendman1
vendman1
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 1034
August 20th, 2014 at 11:52:34 AM permalink
Agreed the best poker in AC is Borgata. Though the poker rooms at the Taj and Ballys sometimes have *ahem* easy pickings.

To get any good BJ rules in AC you need to play high limit and as sodawater points out even then not great.

Trop and most other AC casinos do deal single deck but it only ever pays 6:5....boooo
vendman1
vendman1
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 1034
August 20th, 2014 at 11:54:33 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

normally when a casino in NJ closes you can redeem all vouchers within 1 year via the board. The casino knows which ones are outstanding so they make a fund with the gaming board. In this case the casino is in bankruptcy which means there is no money to give the state. If you want your money you have to file a claim with the bankruptcy folks and then pray that you receive your money.



Ace is the lawyer not me...but trust me when I tell you you'd be so far down the list in bankruptcy court you aren't getting a dime.
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
August 20th, 2014 at 12:08:05 PM permalink
Quote: vendman1

Agreed the best poker in AC is Borgata. Though the poker rooms at the Taj and Ballys sometimes have *ahem* easy pickings.



Beating a poker game at the Taj is tricky. First you have to win the money, then you have to somehow safely leave the property with the money. Second part is a bit harder.
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
August 20th, 2014 at 12:11:03 PM permalink
Quote: vendman1

Ace is the lawyer not me...but trust me when I tell you you'd be so far down the list in bankruptcy court you aren't getting a dime.






Yeah, you would not be "patient zero" when it came to collecting from Revel
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
August 20th, 2014 at 12:11:36 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Beating a poker game at the Taj is tricky. First you have to win the money, then you have to somehow safely leave the property with the money. Second part is a bit harder.




sodawater will provide bodyguard services for 25% of the take :)
UTHfan
UTHfan
Joined: Mar 10, 2013
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 155
August 20th, 2014 at 12:21:50 PM permalink
Quote: vendman1


To get any good BJ rules in AC you need to play high limit and as sodawater points out even then not great.



hmph, some light googling led me to believe that "high limit" at times is more than $5 a hand, things are that bad out in AC. Here in MD, they won't take your money at less than a green chip a deal. I was surprised to see mentions of single and double deck in AC. But whatever.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2233
August 20th, 2014 at 3:26:31 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

The only place to play serious poker in NJ is Borgata.

There is no "good" BJ in NJ.

You got me curious, so I checked Bravo and found the following live cash games currently running, in early evening in Atlantic City at about a quarter after six Eastern time:

Borgata: 22 games

Harrah's: 14 games

Bally's: 13 games

Showboat: 4 games

Golden Nugget: 2 games

Of course I do understand that raw numbers of active cash games may not be all that you might want to consider when you say "serious poker." For example I see from Bravo that Borgata currently has ALL the games in town at stakes over 1/2NL, with six 2/5 tables running. What struck me is that if you add them all together, they amount to the business of about two of the major Las Vegas rooms, and a fraction of what they spread every night in a bigger venue like Commerce in LA.
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
August 20th, 2014 at 3:31:02 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

You got me curious, so I checked Bravo and found the following live cash games currently running, in early evening in Atlantic City at about a quarter after six Eastern time:

Borgata: 22 games

Harrah's: 14 games

Bally's: 13 games

Showboat: 4 games

Golden Nugget: 2 games

Of course I do understand that raw numbers of active cash games may not be all that you might want to consider when you say "serious poker." For example I see from Bravo that Borgata currently has ALL the games in town at stakes over 1/2NL, with six 2/5 tables running. What struck me is that if you add them all together, they amount to the business of about two of the major Las Vegas rooms, and a fraction of what they spread every night in a bigger venue like Commerce in LA.



Yes. Poker is dying in AC. Parx is now the busiest room in the area.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 194
  • Posts: 10735
August 20th, 2014 at 3:31:12 PM permalink
Ya can't trust the internet.
Quote: DrawingDead

Showboat: 4 games

Showboat supposedly closed their poker room a month or so ago. Poker business was shifted to Bally's. (Or did they just shift the tournaments?)
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
August 20th, 2014 at 3:38:29 PM permalink
Borgata also used to be the biggest and busiest room on the East Coast.

Now I would say that all of the following rooms are busier than Borgata:

MD Live
Foxwoods CT
Parx PA
Isle Pompano FL
Seminole FL

From undisputed first place to 6th place -- sad state of affairs.

  • Jump to: