Poll

2 votes (33.33%)
4 votes (66.66%)

6 members have voted

technics
technics
Joined: Jul 28, 2014
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 20
July 28th, 2014 at 6:50:55 PM permalink
Which choice at my local casino gives me a better chance of winning money?
- Blackjack: $ 15 minimum; dealer hits soft 17; allows double on all two cards; split after split allowed; 3-2 pay on blackjack; 6 decks; no surrender
- Craps: $ 10 minimum; Don't Pass ( bet minimum); Lay double Odds on 6/8 & 5/9; Lay 5x Odds on 4/10
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
July 28th, 2014 at 7:07:58 PM permalink
Quote: technics

Which choice at my local casino gives me a better chance of winning money?
- Blackjack: $ 15 minimum; dealer hits soft 17; allows double on all two cards; split after split allowed; 3-2 pay on blackjack; 6 decks; no surrender
- Craps: $ 10 minimum; Don't Pass ( bet minimum); Lay double Odds on 6/8 & 5/9; Lay 5x Odds on 4/10



What do you mean by "better chance of winning money"?

You will lose less money at the blackjack game than you do at the craps game, assuming that you play properly.
technics
technics
Joined: Jul 28, 2014
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 20
July 28th, 2014 at 7:36:00 PM permalink
Been playing for little over a year approximately every other weekend; first 6 months Blackjack only; since then both games; overall I'm slightly in the black. My understanding is that playing Don't Pass with odds and nothing else has similar House Edge as Blackjack. Is smaller minimum requirement a consideration?
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
July 28th, 2014 at 7:39:29 PM permalink
Quote: technics

Been playing for little over a year approximately every other weekend; first 6 months Blackjack only; since then both games; overall I'm slightly in the black. My understanding is that playing Don't Pass with odds and nothing else has similar House Edge as Blackjack. Is smaller minimum requirement a consideration?



The odds have 0 house edge, and they don't factor into the minimum bet, so it doesn't affect your wins and losses, only your swings.

Blackjack with the rules you posted has between 1/2 and 1/3 the house edge of the don't pass. So it's still better even with the 50% higher minimum (you will lose less). If it had a $25 min, it would be close.

In other words, you will lose about the same playing $25 blackjack as you would playing $10 craps (with or without odds). Also you can swing the odds in blackjack to your favor by counting, whereas with craps you are left with the pipe dream that is DI.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
July 28th, 2014 at 9:23:10 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

The odds have 0 house edge, and they don't factor into the minimum bet, so it doesn't affect your wins and losses, only your swings.

Blackjack with the rules you posted has between 1/2 and 1/3 the house edge of the don't pass. So it's still better even with the 50% higher minimum (you will lose less). If it had a $25 min, it would be close.

In other words, you will lose about the same playing $25 blackjack as you would playing $10 craps (with or without odds). Also you can swing the odds in blackjack to your favor by counting, whereas with craps you are left with the pipe dream that is DI.






This will not be true if you purchase my about to be released book on DI.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
July 28th, 2014 at 9:58:40 PM permalink
You have a better chance at winning in craps. Higher variance.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
July 28th, 2014 at 9:58:46 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

This will not be true if you purchase my about to be released book on DI.



Can I send you cash up front to pre-order a copy?
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
July 28th, 2014 at 9:59:47 PM permalink
Quote: RS

You have a better chance at winning in craps. Higher variance.



Not if you are flat-betting the table minimum
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
July 28th, 2014 at 10:10:15 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Can I send you cash up front to pre-order a copy?



Can you read Braille ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
miplet
miplet
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1955
July 28th, 2014 at 10:28:33 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Can you read Braille ?


Yes.
Edit to add: Of course I have a spelling error, errr I mean evil pun.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous

  • Jump to: