Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3650
January 28th, 2014 at 8:28:03 AM permalink
On Monday September 2, 2013 I sent an email to South Side Advantage Press. They are the publisher of CAA: Beyond Counting by James Grosjean. At that time their website did not allow for purchasing of either of the Beyond Counting books. I asked Are either of the Beyond Counting books available for purchase? I am a Table Games Manager at a small Casino and would be interested in purchasing a copy. I got no response.

Finally, on Sunday January 26, 2014 (Almost 5 months later) I get this response:

I am sorry that your email having been lost in our pile. Our product has very narrow market and customer such as yourself has no usefulness in it, but thank you for your interest!

Natalija
South Side Advantage Press


Now I really don't care that they don't want to sell me the book. I can get it elsewhere. But I find a few things about this very interesting.

1. 5 months is a long time to have "a pile" and not look through it.
2. You would think they would have someone answering email questions with someone that can form a proper sentence.
3. What gives them (her) the right to decide if the book is useful to me? I didn't ask if she thought the book would be of any use. I asked to purchase one.

My reply to her email was:

"Thatís really funny that you would know if I would have any use for it. Congratulations on your psychic skills."

Seems like a great company...


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 127
  • Posts: 13425
January 28th, 2014 at 8:35:48 AM permalink
Probably an offshore E-Mail answering service, noticed her first name. I don't believe that's unusual, if I'm not mistaken, many on-line insta-chat HELP services outsource that. They can get that help, perhaps not for pennies on the dollar, but certainly for dimes on the dollar, hey hey.

(Sorry, I had to do that just once. I might be the only person that finds Soxfan's, "Hey hey," amusing.)
Vultures can't be choosers.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
January 28th, 2014 at 10:53:28 AM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

On Monday September 2, 2013 I sent an email to South Side Advantage Press. They are the publisher of CAA: Beyond Counting by James Grosjean. At that time their website did not allow for purchasing of either of the Beyond Counting books. I asked Are either of the Beyond Counting books available for purchase? I am a Table Games Manager at a small Casino and would be interested in purchasing a copy. I got no response.

Finally, on Sunday January 26, 2014 (Almost 5 months later) I get this response:

I am sorry that your email having been lost in our pile. Our product has very narrow market and customer such as yourself has no usefulness in it, but thank you for your interest!

Natalija
South Side Advantage Press


Now I really don't care that they don't want to sell me the book. I can get it elsewhere. But I find a few things about this very interesting.

1. 5 months is a long time to have "a pile" and not look through it.
2. You would think they would have someone answering email questions with someone that can form a proper sentence.
3. What gives them (her) the right to decide if the book is useful to me? I didn't ask if she thought the book would be of any use. I asked to purchase one.

My reply to her email was:

"Thatís really funny that you would know if I would have any use for it. Congratulations on your psychic skills."

Seems like a great company...


ZCore13



You got a reply!!??!! I'm jealous.

I'll answer your question #3 though. It's their book, and they can choose to sell it, or not sell it, to whomever they want. That's what gives them the right. If you had written the book, you'd have that right.
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3650
January 28th, 2014 at 11:08:48 AM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

You got a reply!!??!! I'm jealous.

I'll answer your question #3 though. It's their book, and they can choose to sell it, or not sell it, to whomever they want. That's what gives them the right. If you had written the book, you'd have that right.



of course they have a right to not sell me the book if they don't want to. That is not the issue here. They said they did not want to sell me the book because it has no use to me.my question was what right do they have to tell me if I have a use for it or not?

ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
January 28th, 2014 at 11:26:20 AM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

of course they have a right to not sell me the book if they don't want to. That is not the issue here. They said they did not want to sell me the book because it has no use to me.my question was what right do they have to tell me if I have a use for it or not?

ZCore13



I think that's covered under freedom of speech?

What is your complaint here? You work for a casino. They are not going to sell you the book.
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
Joined: Feb 19, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1262
January 28th, 2014 at 11:31:34 AM permalink
Semantics gentlemen, of course they have a 'right' to say Zcore13 doesn't have use for it. I don't think they have a reasonable basis to make a determination that it won't be useful.

They should have simply said they are not going to sell it without any elaboration.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
January 28th, 2014 at 12:07:09 PM permalink
Quote: MidwestAP

Semantics gentlemen, of course they have a 'right' to say Zcore13 doesn't have use for it. I don't think they have a reasonable basis to make a determination that it won't be useful.

They should have simply said they are not going to sell it without any elaboration.



I think that they know full well that he has a use for it, and what that use is, which is exactly why they aren't selling it to him.

ZCore: Did you mention that you work for a casino in your initial email?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4299
January 28th, 2014 at 12:17:38 PM permalink
Grosjean is notorious for not selling the book to almost anyone. Why did you mention that you work for a casino? That's literally the worst thing you could have said. You might have stood a chance if you said you were an aspiring AP.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3650
January 28th, 2014 at 12:40:18 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I think that they know full well that he has a use for it, and what that use is, which is exactly why they aren't selling it to him.

ZCore: Did you mention that you work for a casino in your initial email?



Yes, I did. But that's just silly. I can just get one somewhere else. The cost of the book, no matter what the price is not going to put a dent in my Table Games budget. :)

Why make up some dumb excuse that I would have no use for it?


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
January 28th, 2014 at 12:41:59 PM permalink
Bernie Madoff was also very selective. You had to have a friend recommend you. Or Bernie had to let you in, just because he liked you.

Just saying.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet

  • Jump to: