15 votes (41.66%)

36 members have voted

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
February 4th, 2014 at 1:47:49 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I use Facebook for several things...

Just out of curiosity, do you put bogus info into your profile? I could see myself possibly using it to keep in touch with people whom I rarely see in real life, but I'd do so without entering in any personally identifiable information. (Can't stand FB's privacy policy)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 4th, 2014 at 2:43:01 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

He probably would be if he kept his trap shut about politics.

He's probably a Republican supporter, even if he's relatively liberal on immigration. He's raised money for Christie, for one.

Or is having an opinion about politics not allowed in the brave Conservative world?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
February 4th, 2014 at 3:00:38 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

He's probably a Republican supporter, even if he's relatively liberal on immigration. He's raised money for Christie, for one.

He's stated himself that he's neither Democrat nor Republican. The fact that he likes Christie does prove that he's pro-RINO...haha

Quote: thecesspit

Or is having an opinion about politics not allowed in the brave Conservative world?

I personally think people in the public eye (both liberal and conservative) should keep their mouths shut and just do their jobs, whether it's acting, singing, running a company, etc. There's no need to be so outspoken about politics.

But with that said, I wouldn't mind people speaking out if both sides got the same treatment. For example, any celebrity who supports gay marriage gets the royal treatment, while anyone who opposes it get tarred & feathered.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 4th, 2014 at 3:09:55 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

He's stated himself that he's neither Democrat nor Republican. The fact that he likes Christie does prove that he's pro-RINO...haha

Laugh... I wonder if that's how you (and other Cons) might characterize him. He's on the left of the right, for sure.

Quote:

I personally think people in the public eye (both liberal and conservative) should keep their mouths shut and just do their jobs, whether it's acting, singing, running a company, etc. There's no need to be so outspoken about politics.

Unless a politician or political commentator, eh? :) In some ways, I agree, but in others, having people talk about the issues might, well, get them thought about.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
February 4th, 2014 at 3:27:56 PM permalink
I don't understand all the dislike of FB. I
look at it several times a day to keep up
with friends and family. I find it a useful
and enjoyable site. I seldom post on it,
just monitor the people I know. Keeps
me up to date painlessly.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 4th, 2014 at 3:30:31 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 90
February 4th, 2014 at 3:40:07 PM permalink
I was on faceboom right before I was on here. If it wasnt for facebook I would probably never speak to some of my relatives.

BTW, I really enjoyed the facebook movie.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 90
February 4th, 2014 at 4:55:02 PM permalink
I guess facebook now has a thing where they will make a short movie of your posting history. I think its pretty neat.

https://lookbackvideo4-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-ash2/v/t54/1647676_10200647981520310_20751_n.mp4?oh=0063f3aa53ac56d5623df3dfffa0f582&oe=52F3FCF3&__gda__=1391691315_01ba6cbab15c425aac26f5a07780f0b2
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
February 4th, 2014 at 4:55:53 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

BTW, I really enjoyed the facebook movie.

I bet I saw it 10 times when it was on Encore.
It's a pure straightforward capitalistic story,
you snooze you lose. Zuckerburg got the orig
idea and ran with it. Similar thing happened
with the telephone. Bell was first to patent
it, by not by much. Work hard, keep at it, and
you might be the first with a good idea and that
really pays off in a capitalist society. As a result,
the entire world benefits because of the incentive
inventors get under capitalism.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 4th, 2014 at 5:02:41 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I don't understand all the dislike of FB. I
look at it several times a day to keep up
with friends and family. I find it a useful
and enjoyable site. I seldom post on it,
just monitor the people I know. Keeps
me up to date painlessly.

That's cuz yours isn't filled with a bunch of opinionated twentysomethings. If you read my wall for 5 minutes, you'd give up your computer for the rest of the year.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.

• Jump to: